Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    150+ Forum Groupie

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: AutoCad-2000_1246038037

Hi
    surely if you want to print out full scale from Autocad you simply use the "plot" function and select the option to print 1 to 1 scale, this will print out the drawing at the scale at which it was drawn. You can check the scale of the drawing by using the "dimension" command and measuring any part of the drawing to see what size it was drawn. If it has been drawn at any size other than full scale you can do a simple plot to any scale you want whether greater or smaller than the original drawing. From the image you posted you appear to want to print out the MCP part of the drawing so in the "plot" function box select plot "display" and it will only plot what you can see on your screen
    regards
    geoff

Image2.jpg

75+ Posting Member

Thank you very much that worked just fine modifying the file.For some reason I can't print directly from autocad program to the plotter.I also wanted to know how to mark the center's of all the circles in the drawings so when I go to cut them out I have a center mark to set drill bit on.Also wanted to know if I could use these drawings to cut out panels on a CNC mill and if so how would I do that and what program would I use?I would like to build a CNC machine and want to know how to program it to use with these drawings.
    Last edited by johnnyg; 07-22-2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: more info

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi johnny
    If your printer can be used by other windows programmes then it can be used by Autocad, look at the image in the last email and there is a dropdown box that sasy printer/plotter-name, click on the arrow at the side of the box and the name of your windows printer should appear in the dropdown, select the printer there. Then plot
    Select the circle drawing tool and move the mouse over the circle you wish to center mark and if you have OSNAP enabled(F3 will toggle this on/off) the centre of the circle will be marked. Draw a small circle here say 1mm and this will mark you circle centre for drilling.
    Yes you can use Autocad drawings to produce cnc files. Many programmes available for producing cnc files and most will import Autocad files directly.

regards
    geoff

75+ Posting Member

Again Thank you so much for your help I will try this.

75+ Posting Member

Does anyone know how thes parts fit together to install the panels on them?Maybe if they were drawn in 3D view it would be easier to understand.7-23-2012 1-34-52 PM.jpg7-23-2012 1-37-52 PM.jpg7-23-2012 1-31-07 PM.jpg7-23-2012 1-32-30 PM.jpg

75+ Posting Member

Hey Thanks for all your help. I guess nobody has an answer to my last question but that's OK I found out If I save it as a DXF file the measurments show up but it still don't explain how this fits together.Forget that for now but I was wondering (AGAIN) how I would go about changing the background of this autocad layout to gray with white lettering?Please explain or repost it for me so I can figure out how it's done. I was able to figure out how to on the last one that got redrawn and reposted.See Attached drawing.7-26-2012 9-30-17 PM.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12