Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Greetings from Slovakia :)

Hello colleagues! I am a big fan of aviation, I have been flying on FS since 2006, but the flying in virtual cockpit with mouse is beginning to be boring for me. I would like to try something new. I would like to build home cockpit, but I have one problem and I hope you will help me. I do not know where should I start. I have programmed some simply things with Arduino and I have some basic knowledge in C/C++. The main problem is, that I do not know how to reach communication between FS and Arduino for example. (I also do not know if arduino is good choice for home cockpit. What do you think?) I would like to ask you, what should I start to learn, which programming language, and when I can find some more informations how to start etc. Thank you in advance

Re: Greetings from Slovakia :)

Hi,
    I know nothing about programming and have built a half decent sim. So being able to programme is not a requirement.
    You can buy loads of kit which is basically plug and play, or in the case of a Bodnar Card a little bit of wiring and using FSUIPC to to assign the switches.
    I have a Fly Engravity instrument panel which is connected to a MIP Interface board - again no programming, just a case of putting the wires in the right place.
    Try not to look at the big picture, If I had done that at the start I would have gave up before I began. Just concentrate on one thing at a time and it slowly begins to fall into place.
    Allan.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Re: Greetings from Slovakia :)

Thank you for your reply. I also know about this possibility, but I think that plug and play panels are too expansive. :/