Thread: Bug Found in Link2fs_inOut_v2
07-14-2012, 08:05 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2012
Bug Found in Link2fs_inOut_v2
Hi Jim, not sure if this is the right place to post this and I honestly haven't tested this on more than one PC, but I believe I've found a small bug with your app and thought I might mention it.
When I enable =B (GPS / NAV1 Active) it is not sent to the serial port
If I enable =A it sends both values (=A and =B) to the serial port during the refresh cycle.
having =A enabled even when =B is not enabled results in adhoc changes to =B begin sent by itself whenever they are made.
So, the work around is to just also send =A and I get my required values.
Thanks again for this great app!
07-15-2012, 07:08 PM #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2005
- New Zealand
Re: Bug Found in Link2fs_inOut_v2
Well spotted Krusty ,, I had a look at the code and I have had a wee typo.
You are correct where activating "=A" sends out both "=A" and "=B" ,,, but if you activate only "=B" it sends nothing.
Good you found the work-around in the meantime.
I've been working on another mission but in the next few weeks I will be diving into Arduino's again and bring all my PDE's etc upto date so they will work when using the newer IDE as well as the older ones (V0022-23). I will announce it here as well as updating my website.
Hopefully it will make everything simpler and I'll fix the bug you found at the same time.
In a few days time I'll move this thread to the "Link2fs_inout_v2" thread (to keep it all together) but if it disappears altogether you'll know I've had a boo-boo as I haven't done that before.
Thanks Krusty ,,, Jimwww.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
All this and Liz still loves me ! !