25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Bug Found in Link2fs_inOut_v2

Hi Jim, not sure if this is the right place to post this and I honestly haven't tested this on more than one PC, but I believe I've found a small bug with your app and thought I might mention it.

When I enable =B (GPS / NAV1 Active) it is not sent to the serial port

If I enable =A it sends both values (=A and =B) to the serial port during the refresh cycle.

having =A enabled even when =B is not enabled results in adhoc changes to =B begin sent by itself whenever they are made.

So, the work around is to just also send =A and I get my required values.

Thanks again for this great app!

500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Bug Found in Link2fs_inOut_v2

Well spotted Krusty ,, I had a look at the code and I have had a wee typo.

You are correct where activating "=A" sends out both "=A" and "=B" ,,, but if you activate only "=B" it sends nothing.
    Good you found the work-around in the meantime.

I've been working on another mission but in the next few weeks I will be diving into Arduino's again and bring all my PDE's etc upto date so they will work when using the newer IDE as well as the older ones (V0022-23). I will announce it here as well as updating my website.
    Hopefully it will make everything simpler and I'll fix the bug you found at the same time.

In a few days time I'll move this thread to the "Link2fs_inout_v2" thread (to keep it all together) but if it disappears altogether you'll know I've had a boo-boo as I haven't done that before.

Thanks Krusty ,,, Jim
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !