Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    500+ This must be a daytime job Sean Nixon's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Thinking of changing from PM to ProSim... Any advise ?

Does Prosim work with Flight Illusion gauges?

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by birdyguy View Post
    Hello Jeremy,

A couple of questions please,

I am a bit confused also, but the main thing I am beginning to understand here, is that one is pretty much tied to using the flight model developed within the suite one purchases. I've really come to love the PMDG NGX flight model and it sounds like I would have to give this up if I went to the Prosim 737 suite or the Ifly cockpit edition. (PM is out of my budget.)

My next question would be, how well are the flight models done, and are they done well enough that it would be a smooth and enjoyable transition to a Prosim 737 or Ifly flight model?

All the best

Ed
    Hi Ed,

As I am not a real 737 pilot I can't speak to the accuracy of any flight model. However, at iFly, we have actual 737NG pilots on the team. One just recently got his left seat, congrats to him! If real 737 pilots say it's good, then I have no choice but to take their word for it. The great thing about the iFly suite, if you don't like it within 30 days, simply return it for a full refund. You really have nothing to loose. No other avionics suite offers a refund if you don't like it.
    Jeremy Bucholz
    FAA LAS ATCT
    Proud NATCA Member!
    Listen to us on LiveATC.net

500+ This must be a daytime job Nick1150's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jbucholz View Post
    Unfortunately, that is not correct. ProSim cannot be used with either the NGX or the iFly model. This is because more sophistocated aircraft models are now built with logic within. For you to be able to use the models with ProSim, PM, etc, you need to remove this logic. This then becomes a double-edged sword because when you remove the logic to use the model, you make the model unusable. This is why ProSim created their own flight model, Jetstream, and the reason why the iFly HCE uses the iFly models.

Sure you can use the stock default 737 or the POSKY model, but then what would be the point in switching software platforms? If you wish to stay with those default models, the PM is probably what you should use since you already invested in it.
    Thanks Jeremy for the info.

But can iFly suite be connected with all hardware like CPflight MIP, MCP, EFIS, Radios, FDS hardware, Fly Engravity CDUs, Overheads, SimWorld Overhead, Cockpitsonic hardware, etc.. ?

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nick1150 View Post
    Thanks Jeremy for the info.

But can iFly suite be connected with all hardware like CPflight MIP, MCP, EFIS, Radios, FDS hardware, Fly Engravity CDUs, Overheads, SimWorld Overhead, Cockpitsonic hardware, etc.. ?
    CPFlight - YES
    FDS - YES, I use their PRO-MX-CDU in my pit
    Engravity - YES, although I've had the Engravity CDU and I rather prefer the FDS unit (personal opinion of course)
    SimWorld - If I'm not mistaken they use the same stuff as Engravity so my assumption would be yes, but a simple e-mail to them to verify would give you the best answer.
    Cockpitsonic - Like SimWorld, an e-mail to them to verify will give you your answer.

We could list all day every hardware developer, but the simple answer is if it can interface with FSUIPC, it can interface with the iFly. I use Opencockpits hardware in my pit and everything works flawlessly.

Here is a link to a video I made with my latest editions:

Jeremy Bucholz
    FAA LAS ATCT
    Proud NATCA Member!
    Listen to us on LiveATC.net

Programmer

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Nixon View Post
    Does Prosim work with Flight Illusion gauges?
    I think one of the main advantages we have is our direct control of practically all hardware in the market. No FSUIPC needed in most cases. We also natively include Flight Illusion support. No G-STEP software required. Configuration with generic board is a matter of moving your hardware switch and clicking on the required function in the ProSim configuration screen, so again no lists of FSUIPC offsets, no scripts and no text files. It was built to be easy to configure.

The whole system was built from the ground up to control hardware cockpits and be independent of simulators. This brings the load from the simulations out of your simulator and leave it with maximum FPS for scenery.

As for refunds, the ProSim737 main program is free for non commercial use. You can always try it out free of charge. The display/mcp/cdu modules run for 30 minutes without license and we hand out free trial licenses if you want to try them out for some time. No charge, no risk.

Marty

6. Likes Cyberklutz liked this post

Thumbs up Re: Thinking of changing from PM to ProSim... Any advise ?

After using PM Sys for 3 years and spending 100 of hrs trying to make the software work right, I finally throw in the towel and migrated to ProSim in May.This was the best decision I made in regard to this hobby in a long time!! My only regret is why I didn't make the transition sooner.
    Thank you Marty and Hanne.
    Cheers
    phil
    IF it's not Boeing I ain't going!!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123