Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Cockpit seat dimensions

Hi guys,

I've been lurking for quite a while, but I might finally have something to contribute. I'm working a set of drawings for a pilot seat, it's not an exact replica but it's aesthetically as close as I can get working from pictures i've found on the internet, I started with a seat pan width of 14" and worked backwards from there.
    Now i've got to a certain point where i can look at the overall dimensions and my seat pan + cushion seems a little short, I think it ends up coming in around 14" actual space for sitting, that is from the seat cushion to the end of the thigh supports.

Seat assembly.jpg

If someone could look over the dimensions and tell me whether they look right, it'd be really helpful, the sheet is in metric, but i've been mixing metric and imperial (naughty I know).

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Re: Cockpit seat dimensions

Hi, i have a real Ipeco seat the same as the one you're doing drawings for, depending on where you are in England you're welcome to come and take as many measurements from it as you like.

I'm located East Yorkshire
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

Re: Cockpit seat dimensions

Thanks for the offer that's really nice of you, but i'm living in Hertfordshire at the moment. Much as I miss Yorkshire it's just a little too far to go.

I'm not trying to make the drawings super accurate as such, just as long as the functionality is there and i've got enough space to park myself comfortably. There just seems to be a shortage of comprehensive measurements for seats.