Hi all,

there is no way to avoid the light spill. Three big lit screens will light up a room just like any other light source would. The same goes for backlit screens - there's anyway light coming from the screens.

I found that in a darkened room the light coming from my 3 screens during a daylight flight is not disturbing at all. As a matter of fact, I will still need to put some kind of lighting in my cockpit, because inside it is too dark.

Contrast problems appear only in certain situations, like a steep bank with one screen all bright (sky) and the other screen all dark (mountainside for example). In this case, contrast on the screen that displays the dark ground is not too good. Details tend to grey out.

A very cool effect from using beamers: When I pitch down and most of the sceen surfaces display ground (instead of sky), the whole room suddely get's darker. It is felt like an environment change that happens all around you...

I use my beamers in economy + cinema mode (this is the darkest possible setting) and found that it actually yields far better results than setting them to full blast.

Regards,
Hans