Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

prosimparts radio modules

Hello

Im thinking about starting on the pedestal bay right now, and ive seen the prosimparts radio modules, that seem to be excellent value for money. I want to ask the community if any of you have bought these, and have succesfully got them wired up and working, which interface cards did you use, which software you used, and overall easyness to wire up. I am considering pokeys cards for the inputs and LED outputs but at the moment am open to other ideas.......

Thanks Everyone

MyCockpit Support Staff

Re: prosimparts radio modules

Hi Imtryin!
    I would recommend the radio modules from Open Cockpits in Spain - beautiful gear plug'n'play for about E130.00 each. The construction is superb, I have a set of 6 but I haven't built my radio box yet. That will be the next job when I finish my TQ...

Cheers Gwyn
    Aerosim Solutions

737NG using Prosim737, Immersive Calibration Pro, Aerosim Solutions motorized TQ & cockpit hardware, CP Flight MCP & FDS SYS1X, SYS2X & SYS4X, FDS PRO FMCs, AFDS units & Glarewings, Matrix Orbital ELEC display, Pokeys Landing & Cruise alt display, Buttkicker Gamers, 3 x BenqMW811ST projectors with a Matrox Th2Go
    http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au
    Supporter of MyCockpit.org, please join me in donating!!!

25+ Posting Member

I also agree with Gwyn.

Can't go past the OpenCockpits stuff, it's simply awesome!

Frank Cooper

300+ Forum Addict

I don't agree. Flimsy panels,way too thin, bad paint job, too expensive. There's no turning back after you've seen the Simworld panels.
    The prosimparts panels look ok too.

25+ Posting Member

I agree that open cockpits stuff is good, but this hobby is all about budget and what your happy with. For me paying 130EUROS + Tax + delivery for one radio unit is too much, although i know they are easy to get set-up.

That why ive gone for the prosimparts radio set 130EUROS for the three main radios was just a good price. The quality of the panels (Thickness ETC) isn't too much of a concern for me, as long as they "look" the same and do the job, then thats good enough for me.

Im going to go with Marc (from these forums) and he is going to help me with these Arduino cards thats he's been talking about. Im going to take pictures and make notes on how things go, hopefully be of use to someone who's thinking about buying these.

Hopefully buying these radios sets doesn't turn out to be a false economy!

500+ This must be a daytime job

Does the Arduino software talk to FSUIPC so that you can give FS the radio values?

25+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by fordgt40 View Post
    Does the Arduino software talk to FSUIPC so that you can give FS the radio values?
    I believe so yes, Ive had quite a discussion with Marc via email, and i think he said yes. Ive emailed him though, to get him to answer your question for definite though!!!

Lee

Hey everyone!

yes and no, here's why:

One single Arduino in combination with ARCOM_by_Marc can EITHER communicate with FSUIPC OR Prosim737. I have a beta program developed in C# which connects the Arduino to FSUIPC, however it is still BETA. This said, I do have customers who go for the Prosim737 solution because then they are not limited to the radios alone but can also control the other LEDs and 7 Segment Displays in their setups.

What I distribute as freeware is the Arduino Code (which is currently used in my setup and hence is not modified for your needs but "AS IS") that can interpret the ARduino COMmunication Protocol (that's what I invented). The handler for FSUIPC is not stable yet and still needs some testing before you can buy it. However, you can support me and get more of an insight into the whole concept if you buy the manual which I sell for 19€. It is a very detailed explanation which is still to be expanded (but you would receive all future updates if you bought it).

I hope to shed some light!

Marc

Btw.: if you have any questions, feedback etc. just tell me!
    "It is LEGEN... wait for it.... DARY" ARCOM_by_Marc

25+ Posting Member

Hi,
    I have the radioset from prosimparts. So far 1 nav panel succesfully hooked up, the rest will follow once I find the time to do it.
    I used a pokeys usb card, and made my own delphi interface into fsuipc for outputs. The inputs (buttons, rotaries) go directly into fsuipc through keymapping. I found that the most easy and quickest. So far all my aircraft work well, including the pmdg ngx.

The panels are pretty good, if you consider the price. But... You do have to invest in a io card, and depending which one in displays cards as well for the digits.

I used the pokeys usb card. That has 2x3 outputs which you can connect to 2 display boards. Each display board can handle 8 digits. The radioset has 32 digits in total, so if you want to connect them all: 2 pokeys, 4 displayboards, 4 wiresets. Check wendy's website for pricing..

I had the pokeys so I used them. Maybe the Sismo board is a better solution, as it can handle 64 digits.. I cant find out how to program this board yet because I cant find any documentation. Also, open cockpits boards could be usefull, but I don't have these.

If you need more info i will be glad to help

Greetings,
    Sammy-e

I used the pokeys usb card. That has 2x3 outputs which you can connect to 2 display boards. Each display board can handle 8 digits. The radioset has 32 digits in total, so if you want to connect them all: 2 pokeys, 4 displayboards, 4 wiresets. Check wendy's website for pricing..
    that sounds very expensive...
    "It is LEGEN... wait for it.... DARY" ARCOM_by_Marc

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast