Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    300+ Forum Addict

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: prosimparts radio modules

Anyone else find the answers of mr. mrmaster a bit dodgy ?

150+ Forum Groupie

Easy to make claims, but the proof - as always - is in the pudding. And life has shown me more than once that if a claim is made and the "claimee" is REALLY pissy about any critic questions - and defensive to boot - the claims are B.S.

Ranting about an overpriced, expensive chip, not telling what it is "because then there would be no point in buying it from me!!!"

Pleeeeeaaaaase! A pile of rock and a big glass house comes to mind...

Being an old-timer in this hobby now, I've learned one valuable lesson: cheap will always be cheap. Save a buck on this part here, spend three bucks getting the darn thing to actually work (reliable).
    People keep popping the age-old question "I want a real 737 cockpit but I don't want to pay for it" - well, then slap some card board together and call it a day for chrissake! No doubt it will be TONS of fun, but don't expect anyone to go "ohhh" and "aaahhh" over it.

Read this:
    http://fagerjord.org/index.php/737-c...-builder-noobs

If you cannot get the PnP panels, save yourself a great deal of pain. Get the Opencockpits multi radio! I have one, and it has provided me with hours of fun. Covered ALL my radio needs. Dirt cheap.
    I now have ordered the CP Flight MCP. The EFIS modules will follow soon. Then I'll start gathering the other CP flight pedestal modules. Expensive does not begin to cover it, but a few of the modules a year? Absolutely doable.

€12.50 for an ic is PEANUTS. This hobby is expensive. Deal with it.

(rant over)

This being said: I fully appreciate and support efforts to get new solutions on the market. But save yourself the trouble: unless I can get it more or less plug and play, I am not interested. One should focus solely on getting a WORKING simulator one can actually USE, before one look into the more obscure areas.
    And if people enjoy slapping together their own electronic gizmos and don't care about the look or authenticity of their sim? Great, but don't mislead people like me who want the most realistic looking 'pit possible within the budget available. Tell us how you did it, share. Enjoy the hobby the way YOU want, and share it with everyone else. That is the only way any hobby can live on and expand.

(rant REALLY over)

3. Thanks herlev214, Efe Cem Elci, Sammy-E, bas_v, Perik thanked for this post
    300+ Forum Addict

Well said, Vidar.

25+ Posting Member

Hello Sammy-e,

SimCard Ethernet form Sismo can be programmed in 2 ways:

1) Using SC-Pascal editor/compiler: It is for free and it can be downloaded from Sismo web. There are many examples about how to program switches, encoders, relays, lights, pots, servos, … and 2 manuals (Vol I and Vol II) for people who want to learn how to program in SC-Pascal. It is based on Delphi and it contains specific functions for the use of FSUIPC or IOCP communication protocols.
    http://www.sismo-soluciones.com/inde...mid=56&lang=en

2) Using any high level language: the user can ask for the UDP Protocol to Sismo e-mail and get connection with most important programming languages as C++, …

Cheers,

6. Thanks Sammy-E thanked for this post
    25+ Posting Member

Indeed, well spoken, Vidar.

I have read the post of MrMaster and decided to take my time before replying. How's that for self-reflection, huh?

I happen to be building an MCP myself as well. Several reasons have made me decide to do so. Mostly, I want to be able to use the OS I like (be it Mac OS, Linux or Windows). This lead to the Flight Sim software I like: X-plane. Which in turn limits the commercial solutions available. Apart from that, building is more than half the fun to me (YMMV).

So, with respect to the MCP building, MrMaster, I see you and I raise the stakes: I'll show my progress and document it on my weblog for everybody to download, learn and correct me, as I'm no expert, LOL :P
    Should I develop a PCB, I'll share that too. That's a promise.

Extra-free top-tip for MrMaster: brush up on your commercial skills, this isn't particularly working (not for me anyway, I'm still going down the Teensy and daisy-chained MAX7219 road). You should substantiate your claims and stop ranting about expensive chips. At the end of the day, I'll decide how to spend MY money.

25+ Posting Member

I'm also interested as to who you think is sanctimonious. As I see it, we're just curious about your 'product'.

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

From an administrative point of view, please could we discontinue any further comments relating to this mystery chip, and could I suggest if anyone needs any further information to take it up with the interested person through Private Message rather than in the middle of the public forum.

Yours, in the interest of maintaining the peace.
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

10. Thanks vidarf thanked for this post
    VMD

Quote Originally Posted by Geremy Britton View Post
    From an administrative point of view, please could we discontinue any further comments relating to this mystery chip, and could I suggest if anyone needs any further information to take it up with the interested person through Private Message rather than in the middle of the public forum.

Yours, in the interest of maintaining the peace.
    Amen to that!

25+ Posting Member

Hi All

I received my delivery yesterday from prosim parts, and have to say, i'm very impressed. They are excellent value for money, infact out of all the panels ive had, these are the best yet. (im on a budget!) All of my contact emails were answered promptly, and the delivery was here when they said it would be here, very much unlike some other parts im waiting for from poland, nuff said.

So if anyone was maybe thinking about ordering from them, i can (from my experience) recommend them. Now on to the wiring????!!!!!!!..............

25+ Posting Member

Great! Iif you need help with the wiring, they also provide excellent and prompt answers. I will upload the datasheet of the digits if you like.
    Greetings,
    Eric

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast