150+ Forum Groupie verticallimit's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Cool 96 flights in 4 days

A four-day event at local town festival, is now completed.

Thursday the mobile simulator was placed in the square and the simulator was tested, then I flew 6 trips with guests from 18.00 to 21.00
    Friday was the simulator started and the guests were given a tour. I made 28 trips from 18:00 to 01:00
    On saturday there came two more from the MD-80 team to help out, so we was total 3 instructors to fly whit guests this day.
    Unfortunately the weather was cold and clammy, so it was not as busy as at last year's festival.
    Despite the bad weather, we flew 52 trips from 11:30 to 01:00
    Sunday was the last day and a short day, with cleanup at the end, but 10 trips was flown from 11.30 to 16.00

So a total 96 flights in 4 days, thats pretty good

Sincerely,

Claus

Re: 96 flights in 4 days

I was amazed that you mounted it into a caravan, and then equally as amazed that it is an MD-80! I think what you did is great, and you are truly an ambassador for aviation by showing it to the public. Thanks for the idea!

Billy

Hi Billy
    As you can see on the date, it's from last year. But the simulator was placed again this year at town festival site were I was giving free flights to the public.
    Two times a last year and again this year I put the simulator up to the open house at the air field in Herning. Not many sim pilots can say that they have parked the simulator at the gate just beside the tower

Attachment 8016

Attachment 8017

This year, the TV station got the idea to come out to make a fun "break" to the news and you can see the result here:

I have made English subtitles for the non Danish
    Sincerely,

Claus

A multi-ethnic day in the simulator.

For the very first time to simulator training new "captains" in the residential triangle in Holstebro Denmark.

The weather was at its best with beautiful sunshine and a nice temperature.
    There were so many who wanted to fly, so there had to be a minimum age of at least 10 years and we have to do a drawing between the interested children.

By choosing start up directly out on the runway and remove the taxi driving, I could get performed approx. 50% more flights. It became around 23 free flights and as many good landings with "captains" with Danish and ethnic background behind the control stick.
    A really nice day where the caravan and was filled to bursting point, and where the instructor was very busy with both instructing and, not least, to answer questions from the "passengers".

It can not be entirely ruled out that the simulator on a other event to be setup in the triangle in Holstebro and fly again.

Thank you all for a lovely day.
    Sincerely,

Claus

5. Thanks iwik thanked for this post
    Likes iwik liked this post

Abduladze’s body was discovered on Thursday during a post-landing inspection of the right landing gear of an Airbus А-330 aircraft after a night flight from the Italian resort city of Rimini to Moscow’s Vnukovo Airport.

Abduladze’s body was discovered on Thursday during a post-landing inspection of the right landing gear of an Airbus А-330 aircraft after a night flight from the Italian resort city of Rimini to Moscow’s Vnukovo Airport.