Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

757/767 builders?

Anyone built/building a 757/767 cockpit ? Only full one I know of is Ian Cameron.... there are about 2000 737NGXs but I'm struggling to find products for a 757 cockpit!

If there are any, please post a few pics and tips!

75+ Posting Member

Re: 757/767 builders?

Are you meaning real parts or sim parts?? I peruse ebay often and find some pretty nice stuff. Also not long ago I saw a 767 illustrated parts catalog that may help. I am doing a dc9 pit using mostly real pieces so I can help with some stuff associated with the building of the aircraft (meaning uniqueness, not similarities to the DC9).
    Jon

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Alex
    look at this site
    http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/...ckpitbuilders/ over 260 members in various states of build.
    767 and 757 share many parts and I believe dimensions are the same. Look at pictures of both and there are very few differences.
    Do you simply want to buy ready made parts or build your own? I can give you lots of info and help if you want I'm just down the road in South Wales. I've got a 767 throttle for sale. You can see in this photo

day view.jpgP1020025.jpg

regards
    geoff

I had virtual parts in mind - for 737s you can buy moreorless every single component ;D Only thing I've tracked down for a 767 is a COM/NAV radio.

@Geoff - I'm already on the site, and your cockpit is very nice!

The throttle is incredible, however way out of my price range :P

I found a tutorial by ian about making 75/67 throttles, but there was nothing about the electronics involved, just the woodwork. I assume its done with potentiometers ?

I cant afford a full sim (as much as I'd like one) and what I had in mind was the captains front panel with displays, glare, and simplified pedestal with throttle.

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Alex
    the cheapest way to go for what you want is to build most of it yourself such as the MIP from mdf amd use PC monitors behind to cover all the Capt side instruments. You can buy a COMM, ATC, NAV and FMC(747 same as 767) from opencockpits, a 747 MCP is also same as 767, various suppliers. Yo can make a throttle from mdf and perspex even thr throttle levers.
    All these cost money though, much more fun building the bits yourself. Mostly mdf, acrylic sheet, switches,leds,compnents and knobs from ebay, use open cockpit cards with SIOC as it's simply easier especially with LevelD 767 and Lekseecon . You can learn all you need from the guys on the websites. Try it you'll love it when you make something yourself and it works

regards
    geoff

75+ Posting Member

I also recently saw a 757/767 pilots auxiliary panel for $50the usd. There are cheap parts on occasion. If you want photos of real pieces to help, http://www.oncealoft.com has a bit of 757 stuff.

I also think they have a cockpit poster that may help for $35 usd.
    Jon

75+ Posting Member Norwegian737project's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexR View Post
    there are about 2000 737NGXs but I'm struggling to find products for a 757 cockpit!
    Aaaand that is the exact reason for why there are 2000 B737NG's out there..

It was not my #1 choice, but I decided for it because of a number of reasons. However the #1 reason for it, was the availability of hardware for the 737. Good luck finding much hardware for the 757/767 without having do manufacture everything yourself

Better start off with buying a CNC machine first then, and maybe a degree in electronics:P

I don't know if there's even a good simulator suite for the B757/767?

But hey, I salute everyone ever to embark on such a project.. I am not saying it's impossible..

Subscribe to our YouTube channel: Norwegian737Project Follow our blog at norwegian737project.blogspot.com

Thanks for all the responses guys!

I'm surprised its not a popular choice - I've always thought the 757 and 767 were incredible planes ...

I am looking to go with the plan of a piece of wood over a monitor, but my main questions now are interfacing with the sim...

Is it possible to use FSUIPC to assign buttons etc ? I am planning to make a 757 so will be unable to make use of the LevelD sdk or lekseecon. How can I align the panels so that they always load in the right places behind the wood? or do I have to drag them over each time, stuff like that.

I have wondered weather it is possible to use multipurpose programming boards such as Arduino, as I have a very small amount of experience with them.

Currently I fly the Quality Wings 757, all though may want to use the Captain Sim aircraft as it offers more system complexity.

Thanks for all your help, this has been really useful!

150+ Forum Groupie

Alex,

To make your path very simple go for 767 from Level-D, OpenCockpit Hardware and Lekseecon.
    Differences between 757 and 767 is minor and none beat Level-D when it comes to system
    simulation. There are several doing 757 - among them Edoardo and Phil (both based on
    real nose and instrument).
    And don't rush - use more time to read up, research and ask questions so you are more
    prepared for what's coming. This is like a disease without any cure and last for the rest of your life.
    I've seen too many taking off like a rocket and coming down for a restart - either with a new setup
    or heading for another "planet". Some didn't even go for a restart - burned out

Happy building
    Regards,
    Per-Erik
    www.hoddo.net