Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Monitor position

Oh yes wledzian , actually is... my center monitor is in front of my eyepoint , the camera is in the center too , no problems , but when I'll upgrade my MIP , that centerline will not be in my eyepoint , and I'll have the feeling of an offset view as Martin comment...I´ll need to check that 'cause as P1IC say..." be carefully with your angle of view " jeje...and that's a fact !...

25+ Posting Member

With a two-pilot sim, it's really impossible to give both pilots a correct-looking view. To do that, each pilot when looking at the same point on the centreline, would need to have his angle of view about half a degree away from dead ahead. So the thing they are both looking at would need to be at least 200 feet away. Not possible. You could provide two monitors off the same feed using a y-splitter, one directly in front of the Captain and one directly in front of the FO, but that's probably the only way you'll get that outside view looking correct for both.

Of course, that would put an end to thoughts of a wide angle wraparound, and immersion would suffer. The real Level D sims must solve that somehow, although maybe not, since the FO is probably the training captain, and he won't care.

150+ Forum Groupie

The level-D sims solve that with a cross-cockpit collimated display. There's a section of this forum dedicated to collimated displays.
    http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/foru...ay-Discussions

25+ Posting Member

Thanks, wiedzian, I didn't know that! I hadn't looked in that section. Very cool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12