Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Help out a Newbie?

Hello everyone!

Ive been following this forum with interest for quite a while now but never plucked up the courage to ask for help. Ive hit a brick wall so to speak.

Im in charge of building a flight simulator for a local Air Cadet squadron which has come on leaps and bounds in a short period of time. Because of this we are now at the stage where we want to go keyboard-less, lets face it a keyboard to start those engines isnt exactly realistic. Ive managed to get to grips with the way the arduino works and the way it communicates with Jims software (I think), but I must admit electronics is not my strong point.

Im hoping some of you arduino Guru's can take a look at my plans and point out any flaws before I break something with the soldering iron! Ive layed out what i think is correct using Fritzing, the file is located here: http://m20pcd.co.uk/FlightSim/FLIGHTSIM.fzz

fritzing.jpg

Thanks

Matt

Re: Help out a Newbie?

By looking at your screen shot, you look to be pretty safe from hurting anything. The real challenge is going to be the software, and when I say a challenge, I simply mean it will require the most figuring out. You have current limiting resistors for all the leds which is nice, and a heck of a lot of switches. You may need to do some software debouncing, again, just something you will have to find out once you put it all together.

Thanks for the reply, you have reassured me enough to continue building. We are using a C130 model hence all the switches. I should have the panel finished today (hopefully) then I can get my teeth into the programming. Thanks again

500+ This must be a daytime job Jim NZ's Avatar

Hi Matt and welcome.
    First of all ,,, there are some wiring "questionables" in your diagram and some un-necessary wiring to the pins ,, BUT the main problem is the over-all sequence of things.
    You have inputs and outputs mixed together all over the place ,, the PDE will be a nightmare to make and follow.

You need to group all the inputs together ,, group all the outputs together ,, then it's easy to follow and the PDE has some logical sequence for the program to run.

Study the PDE's in the "Starter pack" ,,,

It contains a PDE that is very close to what you need and with a few additions and alterations ,, will do everything on your picture.

Good luck ... Jim
    P.S. Remember I use Arduino IDE 0022
    www.jimspage.co.nz/intro.htm
    All this and Liz still loves me ! !

5. Thanks Efe Cem Elci thanked for this post