Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    500+ This must be a daytime job

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Efe's Cessna 172 simulator

I was able to dl it as well without buying the service. The middle box has an option to save to my computer...

Reid

Edit: Looks pretty good! One thing I might consider, although it would take away the absolute realism is to add a prop control cutout. Although the 172 does not have that option you may want to fly a 18x or 2xx that requires it.

Just give you a touch more flexibility.
    http://juneaucessnasim.blogspot.com
    N58243 (virtual)- Low and Slow...

2. Thanks Efe Cem Elci thanked for this post

Glad to hear that. Alex let me know by PM if you're still having trouble and your email address and I will personally send it to you.

I have just returned from the factory and I was grinning from ear to ear like a kid on Christmas morning during the 20 minute car ride. The panel will be cut today from 2mm aluminium, and they are even going to send it to the painting department! When the CNC guy asked if it was going to be painted, I tried to control my heartbeat and said "if possible" and immediately got greedy (as one does ) and told them to paint it two colors. Grey for the right and left panel and black for the part covering the (currently absent) radio stack and lower panel.

Anyway, that means I don't have to worry about getting the compressor-based paintgun working again and finding a place with good enough ventilation and where I won't be afraid to get paint everywhere. They are even going to paint the screws for the gauges etc. so I don't have to paint them later. The panel screws will have to be painted again as I have yet to buy the screw mounts (whatever they are called?) and decided how the main panel construction will be. I will wait for the panels to come so I can mount the gauges and see what kind of space restrictions I have behind the panel. Wouldn't want to get something made and find out the gauges can't fit the structure.

Pictures soon hopefully.

So the panels have come in and only one mistake! The right side top panel and its smaller yoke connection part is black and will need to go back to the paintshop. Not bad considering...

I like how the paintjob on the grey parts turned out. And just as I'm rushing to send this off because I'm late leaving for a meeting, my package from Aircraft Spruce is delivered. Sweet!

In retrospect I should've had them paint it white first and then the respective colors so that I could get the switch and button texts lasered on later but that's the thing with first attempts. You always find something to do better next time around.

Tell me about it, I always give advice about doing research and spend time in the planning stages....do I follow my own advice? Naah, I just make it up as I go along
    Allan

25+ Posting Member

Efe,

Panel looks great. I will watch this thread for future updates, especially the avionics packages.

I am building a GA panel however my first time around I am making it generic as I learn how to integrate the different systems. It has been a fun learning experience so far.

Jake

Well I just went to pick up some awards plaques from our usual guy and noticed some work he has done on hard stickers for machinery. after showing him picture of the panels he was intrigued and said he would do my panel stickers for free!

Hi Efe,
    Nice job, really is great when you have access to good machinery. I have a small cnc machine at home, only good for small jobs though. Luckily enough i have a friend who has a Large Cnc machine so when im ready i to will have someone to machine
    my mip.
    On another point, i have a REAL C172 Trim wheel and indicator on a bracket that is surplus to my requirements. If you are
    interested in it, PM me and im sure we could work out something.
    Les

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12