150+ Forum Groupie

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Time to stop lurking :)

Hey guys, I've lurked here occasionally as guest, finally got around to signing up today. I've been on the simplits list for ages (10+ years I guess). I started with MSFS 5.0 back in the early 90's, and have been dreaming of building a "real" cockpit for a long time. I think my first exposure to FlightSafety around that time really planted the seed......... Now, 12+ years later, I finally have the space, knowledge, experience, technology, and time to seriously undertake a cockpit project.

I started work on a desktop-mounted unit almost two years ago, and did much of the "hard" stuff with that: writing my own instrument display software, learning various I/O solutions for running servos and lights etc, some mechanical work on flight controls, wiring up switches, that sort of thing. I "flew" this unit for a while and had a lot of fun. Now I have it in pieces as I work to merge it with my full cockpit.

No website yet, just a few pics on my Flickr account:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/alfamatt/

Some highlights: real Gables nav/com/xpdr control heads, real Cessna rudder pedals with independent toe brakes (pilot and co-pilot), hackerized PFC yoke (extended shaft and different/better yoke), totally custom instrument software, custom PC-based weather radar software running through a real Bendix radar chassis, a few real analog gauges running through Arduino boards, real Collins audio panel with multiple audio channels going through it (still in early phase, but I've got it figured out for the most part).

I'm having a blast.

Matt

2. Thanks No Longer Active thanked for this post
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Time to stop lurking :)

Welcome Matt. Awesome work so far. I am also an x plane user. l look forward to seeing your work.

Andy