Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    75+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: 2 Place Collimated Display

Quote Originally Posted by jthiani View Post
    Nice to see you back here John ..... was wondering where you disappeared to lol ... I am about to start my display build and would be interested in trying this out. Im still working on the motion base and getting it finalized
    Hi Joe,

My email server was off-line and when I reinstated the service most everything was erased. Unable to find your personal email address. Send me a short FYI and I'll send you a copy.

Jack

Great to see you back at it, Jack!

150+ Forum Groupie

Jack - glad to see you're still at it. I don't use Immersive, but I'd love to take a look at it.

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Castle, do you have a design available? Yours looks different than Genes. I don't recall the ribs.

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTRACKER View Post
    Castle, do you have a design available? Yours looks different than Genes. I don't recall the ribs.
    Not sure what pictures you might be referencing or comparing. The design is pretty much what Gene and Wayne provided way back when,

I did modify the back panels to fit between the ribs and used ceconite fabric to cover the projection screen; other than that it is the design as provided by Gene.

O! and also removed the supporting arms for the projection screen and suspended the screen from the ceiling. Made attaching the mylar a helluva a lot easier.

You might check with Gene if he has updated the design from over two years ago.

Jack

75+ Posting Member

Hi,

For those of you who got a copy of the warping software there is a small bug. The y axis keystoning value is not saved. The value loaded in at the start is saved. I'll try to get a fix out to you all this week. In the interim, you can hand edit the .conf file.

If you adjust y keystone value, save the files as before, and note the y-keystone value. Then edit the .conf file and enter this value for the next session, The x axis keystone value is saved.

John

Maybe just my eyes. I guess I need a bigger screen
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by castle View Post
    Hi,

For those of you who got a copy of the warping software there is a small bug. The y axis keystoning value is not saved. The value loaded in at the start is saved. I'll try to get a fix out to you all this week. In the interim, you can hand edit the .conf file.

If you adjust y keystone value, save the files as before, and note the y-keystone value. Then edit the .conf file and enter this value for the next session, The x axis keystone value is saved.

John
    Castle,

I've been away far too long I think and have another question for you. What warping software are you referring to? I haven't committed to any version yet and am curious.

75+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTRACKER View Post
    Castle,

I've been away far too long I think and have another question for you. What warping software are you referring to? I haven't committed to any version yet and am curious.
    Rewrote a small app to build a warp file for the Immersive Pro display from fly-elise. It was originally written under Linux for the FlightGear program. When I decided to move over to P3D I was unable to port over the open source code from FG to warp the projector screens and had to purchase a 3rd party package such as Immersive Pro to calculate the control points.

So I redid the Linux package to run under Windows. Now the program will run under Linux or Windows and generate mesh control points for either FG or P3D displays. Of course, for P3D you'll have to pony up a few dollars for the warping app, with FG it is "baked in"

John

75+ Posting Member

Hi,

we will be moving later this year or early in 2018 to a warmer climate and wondering what to do with the collimated display. It is a beast and, unlike Wayne's smaller system, impossible to move as one piece. But it will break down nicely into 5 sections that will fit into a UHaul or small truck.

Want to build a new redesigned system once we settle into our new home, so it makes no sense for me to haul this cross-country.

This post is a query to gauge any interest from fellow simmers. One thought would be to auction off the system ( to include the vacuum controller, BenQ HD projectors, extra 200' of mylar, or whatever ) via this forum and donate 10 percent of the proceeds to support this website. Otherwise, we'll have plenty of firewood to get us through the winter.

Any interest or questions; please post via this thread and I'll provide additional info and details as requested.

Cheers
    John

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast