Thankyou.

warm regards

Andy

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: CRJ progress

I can give you anything you want...I have access to the IPC and The AMM. If you are gonna do it, might as well be as accurate as possible, right?
    I'm not replicating anything, because I like to fly everything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG1LP3xxn0Q

Yeah. You're right. Those documents are superb. They will help no end. I will contact those companies you stated, and I should be able to get the part numbers from the documents.

Thanks for your generosity.

Andy

Decided tonight that I am going to build the screen pillars and maybe...some overhead. I must resist this temptation, since I always said I would only do the Captain's section. I blame gokhotit and his exploded diagrams...My wife may just go mad with this development. It is strangely addictive building a 'sort of' cockpit. Easy to spend lots and get carried away. Now I get it. I understand the obsessive nature of all your works of art.

Wemac vent becoming traffic grey, rather than beige.

Looking closely, more filling needed. When it catches the light, minor flaws appear. After all, this is the bit i look at.

A month ago feels like an eternity in this case. Reminiscent moment.

Checking out the remote EFIS software last month.

This weekend:
    sand curved glare shield panel
    fit remaining glare shield
    spray and cosmetic surgery. (crj not me. I am beyond help!)

Quote Originally Posted by gokhotit View Post
    I can give you anything you want...I have access to the IPC and The AMM. If you are gonna do it, might as well be as accurate as possible, right?
    Fatal.

If you wouldn't mind e-mailing my wife and being that convincing, her e-mail is...
    dontflamingencouragehim@virgin.com She doesn't tell her friends on the school run what her husband does in the garage when he is home.

Actually, your post sounds a bit like my marriage proposal.

That looks better:

I blame gokhotit and his exploded diagrams.

Your welcome The market is exploding with CRJ200 parts as they are being taken out of service. Should not be to difficult to find the parts.
    I'm not replicating anything, because I like to fly everything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HG1LP3xxn0Q

Messy at this stage. But, autopilot panel is roughly cut. Now for some effort priming. Ignore the white dust specks. Routing is so dusty, and I want this build diary to show all the flaws for anyone like me who wants to see problems encountered and resolutions presented. I am trying to build my skills as I go. Looked much better after a wipe with white spirit.

Routed recesses for flood lights. Using 48 led 12v panels on dimmer for this purpose.

Not good enough. More priming and sanding. Could have done better with eyes shut, a wallpaper brush and can of Dulux!!

Glare shield curve lowered and perfect.

Knee bar vinyl covered. Seems ok.

The beer is obligatory.Sorry non-drinkers

Vinyl check on glare shield curve; covers very minor imperfections in foam profile.

Knee bar needs minor work at edges, but is coming along nicely. Debating whether to recover this is 1mm rubber rather than vinyl. What should it be on the actual aircraft? Painted, rubber, vinyl or plastic? Gokhotit, I would appreciate your advice here mate...You're the chap you knows!

48 led 12v floodlights prior to mounting. They seem great.
    That's it for now. BTW decided today that overhead and window pillars are too optimistic. It seemed like a good idea last night after a chat with Stella Artois, but this morning I awoke realistic. Unfortunately I'm stretching my skills just doing this. How some of you create your masterpieces is beyond me. Lots of respect.

Andy

150+ Forum Groupie

Dude, give your self some credit!!!!!! Check out my website. I didn't know SQUAT about wood working, except for the basic skills I obtained in arts & crafts in school. I now own a LOT of cool tools, and I can build almost anything. I draw my projects in Google Scetchup, then go to town in the "shop". I have most tools needed for wood working, and am expanding into metal working too. Got my MIG-welder last year, and thanks to Google and Youtube I learned to weld aluminum. Which is one of the hardest metals to weld.

If you want the whole shebang, go for it! But I would recommend that you finish your MIP first. Get it flying before you start the next part. And now I am telling you the "do as I say, not as I do" story. I haven't finished anything in my cockpit yet. But the overhead panels is close to completion, and I started on the side walls today (which actually is an integrated part in the "finish the MIP" project).

And if the wife complains, explain to her that this is a HOBBY. You could've just as easily have started with model trains, car restoring... Cockpit building isn't any more moronic than any of the other hobbies out there.
    The most important aspect of any hobby, is the relaxation, satisfaction and the creative outlet one gets.

And let me tell you another thing: By building my own digital pipe organ, I learned a LOT of skills. Which I can use on my cockpit project - and more important: in my house! The stair to the first floor needs replacement within a few years. E-X-P-E-N-S-I-V-E to get a custom built stair that fits the old house I live in. But a pile of wood and my tools - that equals fun and a cheap, custom stair!

Or you could quit the sim building arena and start collecting shoes you do not need. Or clothes you'll only wear once in a blue moon.
    Or to be even more "to the point": Go get yourself a big boat, 25' at least, a place in the marina. Then use it twice a year. Cockpit building does not seem that stupid to me anymore...

Great work on your MIP!

11. Thanks AviatorPRO thanked for this post

Words well spoken. I agree completely. Blimey, you should be a motivational speaker!!! It is a very rewarding hobby. Thanks for the kind words. Your site is amazing, and your work phenominal. I have picked up a multitude of tips from it.

Cracked autopilot panel demanded respray. Paint didn't agree and cracked. Sand back to acrylic and total respray took place. Now seems to be ok. Couldn't have forseen that. Extra hours onto project. I don't understand why this happened. I thought most modern paints would sit on top of each other fine but...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast