10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

How are views like this obtained in FSX?

Can you please take a look at this video..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3uIhrSl9hY

I currently use 3 screens, one centre and left and right at 45 degree using nvidia surround.
    How are you able to obtain these sort of views in FSX, No matter how much I zoom out mine never looks like this, of most impact is the way you can look left out along the wing. Normal wide screen view in fax is always forward unto 107 fov..

10+ Posting Member

Re: How are views like this obtained in FSX?

Starting to achieve this sort of look now, using the tool from this site windowmaker (bigthanks for that) , by altering eyepoint using the FSX keyboard commands , shift + backspace and by stretching the fsx window down I was able to obtain this view which is much closer to what I want to achieve.. Of course this is all achedemic because when I try this on my 3 projector setup it will probably go all wrong.. Alsoi Iam sorry if this all seems rather remedial but searched many forums for the information to do this but never found a clear explanation, so Iam hoping this post will help others..

10+ Posting Member

I was trying to decide which projector setup would be best to achieve the above view and have done a few idea mockups..

Top left you can see a close approximation of the wanted view..To keep the boxes to scale for these rough calculations I opted for 72cm as its simple to convert to 720pixels..
    So far the closest match is actually 2 projectors in landscape 16x10.. To utilise 3 projectors would mean going with 4x3 mode, I know my projectors can handle 4x3 but not sure if the video card or FSX will like it..
    The 2 projector option looks the best interms of size but I have the feeling that the curve of the screen is going to cause focus issue..

150+ Forum Groupie

If you can use all three projectors in portrait mode without damaging them, I'd say go for it. Even if you can't specify that they're in portrait mode, you could add the view rotation into your .flt file.

From what I've heard, those projectors are very tolerant of screen curvature. Don't even worry about that.

Eyefinity can be set up with 3 outputs in portrait