25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Small monitors that can stand directly on a table

My cockpit will be a semi fixed based so i need some smaller monitors that can stand directly on the table in front of the big screens to handle the avionics.

I've looked at this:
    http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/acc...on-lt1421.aspx

But since it's connected via USB i'm not sure if i can connect 2-3 to the same pc of these - i'm also not 100% sure it's fast enough for the avionics @ 60 hz.

But does anyone know a small 15" or 17" in widescreen that can be pulled all the way down to the table so it takes as little space as possible in the height?

I've also looked as this one - but it's a touch screen and a tad too expensive:
    http://www.dateks.lv/en/cenas/90/641...screen_17_.php

Any good ideas?

300+ Forum Addict
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Small monitors that can stand directly on a table

How about making some monitor holders and then remove the bezel frames from the monitors, you could get much lower this way and even make a front cover over the screens to replicate your MIP.

If you look at the back of the monitor it has a VESA screw set or four holes with threads in square configuration. You'd make a mount to screw into these holes or you could buy mount holders over at www.flightdecksolutions.com. In either case, the idea is to buy cheap lmonitors and remove the frames because thin framed monitors cost way too much.

It works great this way and I have three in my B737 MIP, a welder friend made the mounts for me...

BSD