There is a lot of information on this forum regarding projector set ups, but I am stuck on a very basic decision, should I go for Front or Rear projection?

I am building a Kingair350. The MIP and laterals are complete. In the coming months I should be mounting the ceiling & overhead panel. As it is will be fully closed, I was thinking that the rear projection might be the better choice. On the other hand a projector (single projector to start with) could be mounted on top of the ceiling, pointing down to the screen. I only have about 1.5m of space infront of the cockpit window, so it it will have to be a short throw projector.

Another question in my mind is regarding the view. I was originally thinking that I would need to use the external view. The problem here been that the head tracker only seems to work in the cockpit view. I have seen a post where a method is described for disabling the cockpit panels. Is this method implemented to use the cockpit view whilst only seeing the exterior?

Any advise on this would be very much appreciated.

Steve