Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Determining FOV with 3 projectors

I wanted to thank everyone again for all of the help. Given the amount of space we have for our simpit as well as the specs on our projectors (Optoma TW610 STi), we were able to find a configuration that gives us a 225 degree FOV. The next problem we're having is relating to the keystone effect of the curved screen.

How did you guys overcome this?

We keep adjusting the curvature of the screen based on trial and error ... some guidance here would be awesome.

Thanks again for all the advice. You guys really are awesome.

I think you are doing "opposite" than everybody. You should make your screen to admit overlapping between projectors and you desired field of view. After that, you should warp your projections with warping software to fit your screen and not correct the screen to adjust to the projectors.

You have many options out there like: nthusim, sol7, warpalizer, inmersive display lite... every one with different pros-cons
    Greetings!
    Aaron Sanchez - http://mi737.blogspot.com

10+ Posting Member

I understand what you're saying, but my confusion comes from the keystone. I was under the impression that before any warping could be done, you'd have to be in a situation where ZERO keystone effect was visible on the screen. Is this correct? How did you deal with this?

You dont need the keystone. Lets projection as simple as posible. All the tweaks you need to do (adjust keystones, parallels, horizontal lines, overlapping, color corrections) you should do it via the warping software.

The aim of the clean projection (with no image, just the projectors light) its cover your screen and a little more, to let margin to warping software.

Something like this (our setup)

As you can see, there is no keystone or other adjust. You can see a little sticky at the top of the projected colors. These little sticky are just for reference in the high of the screen.

After the warping and before blending, you should get something like:

Both images are panoramas (8 photos everyone)

Get the idea? If not, download the warping software and just go to play with it (all of them have demo versions) All that the software does, its just an "advanced" keystone, much much better than the simply config the projectors admit.
    Greetings!
    Aaron Sanchez - http://mi737.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12