Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Hello from Georgia,US

I have been building a cockpit in my spare time and I am not getting anywhere fast. I'm not discouraged, but anxious to get it working. My plans are not to be too expensive, not too fancy, but certainly fun to experiment with and eventually get to fly. I started with the F1 Mustang, but like to fly the light twins also. I am currently working on the second throttle quad which will be for the light twin. The first was for the Mustang. I designed both to be connected to my 086X card via a cable which can be unplugged and the proper TQ slid into place. I have many questions, but I'll search for answers first then ask second. Back to work.
    Best to all from Williamson, GA.

LeapNLee
    We were meant to fly, even with a computer.

300+ Forum Addict

Re: Hello from Georgia,US

Welcome.

Pictures are always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeGVA022 View Post
    I have been building a cockpit in my spare time and I am not getting anywhere fast. ......
    LeapNLee
    Hi,
    I think that is relevent for most of us.
    If you look at the big picture of what needs to be done then you will not even begin. It is just so daunting.
    Mine is coming along nicely but I really enjoy the building and solving the problems so it is a joy to spend a few hours tinkering in the garage.
    Only today I "made" a monitor fit a space that it was not designed to fit, it took a bit of sawing of the MIP - very scary as it was a Fly Engravity unit = not cheap. Why the centre unit does not already have the slot cut out I will never know, but a few hours work and it fits like a glove from a OJ Simpson trial. Off to the DIY centre to buy some foam strips to protect the screen and another little job is ticked off the list.
    Tomorrow involves hacking apart a clock and trying fit it on the MIP using instruction from the Master Ian.
    Should be fun -
    Allan.

Thanks Mike and Allen. Most of my problems have been self inflicted. Like wiring up a cable using a parallel plug-in from a computer and getting it backwards from the male to the female, or can't get my slide pots to calibrate correctly through FSuipc/Leo's card. Each little problem can and will be overcome in time. I mounted a 15 inch monitor and a 19 inch in my panel by removing the case from around it. Fits much better. I had the 19 inch on hand, but plan on changing it to another 15 inch monitor. I'll throw in some pics in the near future.
    regards, Lee
    We were meant to fly, even with a computer.