Cockpit Sonic query
I keep getting newsletters from Cockpit sonic, so I tried to purchase a panel from them.
The problem is that no-one seems to be answering e-mails and orders do not seem to be being processed.
I am thinking about starting a dispute claim with PayPal to get a refund.
Does anyone know for sure if they are still active and selling?
I have looked at a few posts in the Forum and people seem to have various dealings with Mathais and Cockpit Sonic.
Re: Cockpit Sonic query
I ordered my MIP about 6 months ago (via cockpitsonic uk) and received some parts after a more then a month. The MIP was incomplete delivered:
I noticed the following:
1) On the website is says that the MIP kit content includes:
· All switches (real tactile feel, heavy duty)
· All annunciators with LED
The delivery I received had no switches at all and no leds at all; although some led holders are present, they are not present for the two AFDS Panels (the three annunciators have no placeholder, so can not be inserted).
2) The whole autobrake panel does not match with the MIP - see attached picture - the cut-out in the metal MIP for the autobrake switch is not in line with the autobrake panel cut-out;
· in addition, the backlighting slots are only partially in line;
· the round cut-out of the flap indicator of the autobrake panel is not in line with the MIP (I can not put a flap indicator gauge in place; the two flap annunciators and led holders are not in line an can not be put in place;
· the other autobrake annunciators cut-out from the MIP are not in line with the cut-out of the autobrake panel and can not be put in place.
3) There is no cut-out in the MIP to backlight the landing gear speeds limits placard.
4) The Nosewheel Steering Panel backlight cut-out place does not match with the MIP and the drill holes do not match – the holes of the Nosewheel Steering Panel are located at the far right hand side and left hand side of this panel, while the drill holes in the MIP for the Nosewheel Steering Panel are located to be used at the corners of the Nosewheel Steering Panel
5) There is a mismatch to place the light test/bright/dim panel on the MIP
6) Some drill holes are missing and there seems to be drill holes in places where no drill holes should be.
After some email exchanges I received the right panels and the annunciatiors - but from some of the annunciatiors the text was partly missing or printed all at the edge of the annunciators (unreadable).
To date I didn't receive any of the switches or leds - this is after 6 months now.
Also the website states that the MIP is according to real measurements, the cut out for flaps gauge and autobrake etc is not correct and I am still trying to enlarge the holes in the MIP.
The MIP however is of good quality - made out of on piece of aluminum and with the right paint/color scheme.
Although I sent numerous emails, I sparsely received any answer back - still waiting for a reply from my last email weeks ago and the missing parts (all switches, leds, replacement annunciators etc.).
Note however that there are many happy cockpitsonic customers and the above is my personal experience with cockpitsonic only - I wanted to go for the whole cockpitsonic line, but decided not to for obvious reasons.
Re: Cockpit Sonic query
I thought I would update this post thread with the following:
I ordered a couple of parts off the Cockpit Sonic web site paying via PayPal ealry in March this year (2012).
I had an email from Mathias saying that the parts would take a while as they were 747 parts and therefore needed extra time to manufacture.
I then waited and tried to contact Cockpit Sonics agin, eventually Mathias came back to me in May to say (and I quote)
i KNOW that you are worried - please dont be...
Everything that can go wrong went wrong - they are here on my desk at last...big promise...
Since this email, all attempts to contact Cockpit Sonics has met with no response.
Would I recommend them.......!?!?!?!
300+ Forum Addict