Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

737ng throttle and Servos

Hi

You can look here at as start: http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/show...s-Boeing-737NG

I am thinking to motorized my throttle with servos not DC motor and I won´t build a trim handles. I have other plans instead of trim wheels!

I will start my build to make the center peace of the throttle, that means the throttle and the reverse handle, the fuel cutoff to?

My goal with the throttle is to make the unit so real as possible, if you are thinking on its funktion to be moved by the A/T etc. etc.

I thinking to do this with servoes, but can I do this with just servos? Except servos, do I need something (card) to tell the software what the position the throttle is in, Do not I?

Best Fredrik

Re: 737ng throttle and Servos

Hi

I have look at the servo: Hitec HS-815BB Mega Sail Servo to my Throttle and speedbrake!

Question:
    Can I get the throttle to be moved and commanded through the A/T system with just servo or do I need a Slider card?

I have figure it out that for speddbrake i must use a Slider card but how will it be connected together with sb servo?

I mean the slider must report the speedbrakes´position to the servo in landing so the sb will be deployed automatic, must not it?

Best Fredrik

Hi

Can anyone say if a own built throttle the motorized part will work in pmdg 737ngx and it´s A/T by the autopilot?

Fredrik

Fredrick,
    You're asking too many questions, I suggest you go through our search section and find any topics in regard to TQ/AT automation. Make sure to read it over and over again and familiarize yourself with all involved components !
    To answer your question in short: Yes/No, a servo controller card dose not need a pot if your intending on just controlling a servo to move forward and back with a degree of accuracy (servo moves a lever).However,if you want to get full function of your homebuilt TQ like moving Eng#1 lever and see the result in the game, then you will need a pot and a joystick controller to interact with the game!
    In your case you will need 4/6 pots depending on if you want proportional reversing or not. In all you will need :1 joystick controller card to interact with the game,1 servo controller card with 4 to 6 output to run your automation and 1 DC motor controller card if you want the trim wheels to function (eye candy only) move forward and back!
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers
    Phil
    IF it's not Boeing I ain't going!!!!!!

Hi

It is sometime faster to look for it myself than to ask!

Thanks for the answer, I have found a page for reading about A/T

Quote Originally Posted by Philb737 View Post
    Fredrick,
    4/6 pots depending on if you want proportional reversing or not.
    What is a "pot"?

Fredrik

Sorry, pot= potentiometer or a slider. If you have a Skype account PM me your info, and I will be more than happy to go over the details involved in the construction of a HB TQ.
    Cheers
    Phil
    IF it's not Boeing I ain't going!!!!!!

Hi

Ok, pot a short spelling for potentiometer

I am needing answer at two question before I can actually begin:

1 - If a motorized throttle will work in pmdg 737ngx and it´s throttle and speedbrakde to be command by the autopilot? My goal is to see the movement of this stuff!
    2 - I am think to buy the phidget stuff to the throttle and the other unit i plan to build. For this to work I understand that I must pragram but how much?

You or somebody else maybe can the answer for these most important question, anyway I know nearly 90% what I must have to make this to work?

I am also fine to know if the throttle will work with the aircraft the motorized part will be a bonus if so!

I have hotmail, msn and facebook, not skype
    Best Fredrik