Thread: monitor set ups

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

monitor set ups

need help configuring monitors for my cockpit. have a 5850 ati graphics card. only three monitors allowed.
    come to find out this card takes up all the space in my gateway fx so no cards can be added, what i would like to do is have 3 monitors for the front outsisw view an3 monitors for the panel captain an fo will be exactly the same clone and a center monitor for gauges. have thought of several options

1 get rid of the graphics card and buy a 5870 6 that will display 6 monitors
    2. triple head 2 go and have two dvi attachments for the panel if that will work use one for the three monitors andd one for capt and fo panel clone 1 for the misc gauges
    3 get a projector for the front view (already purchased 6 monitors 3 23in and 3 20in)

need help in going the cheapest way since i have already blown the buget for this portion of the project

thanks <><

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: monitor set ups

Quote Originally Posted by Wrohrbeck View Post
    need help configuring monitors for my cockpit. have a 5850 ati graphics card. only three monitors allowed.
    come to find out this card takes up all the space in my gateway fx so no cards can be added, what i would like to do is have 3 monitors for the front outsisw view an3 monitors for the panel captain an fo will be exactly the same clone and a center monitor for gauges. have thought of several options

1 get rid of the graphics card and buy a 5870 6 that will display 6 monitors
    2. triple head 2 go and have two dvi attachments for the panel if that will work use one for the three monitors andd one for capt and fo panel clone 1 for the misc gauges
    3 get a projector for the front view (already purchased 6 monitors 3 23in and 3 20in)

need help in going the cheapest way since i have already blown the buget for this portion of the project

thanks <><
    Hi,
    Another option is to buy a cheap second computer and run the panels over a network using widefs and suitable instrument software.
    That way the main computer will be for the forward views and run faster.
    Allan.

3. Thanks Wrohrbeck thanked for this post