25+ Posting Member

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Direction of Servo Motor in OC Test Programm

Hello,

i managed to get my servo motor (HITEC HS55) from OC running using the usbservo card from OC.

But i have a problem. If i use the IOCards USB Test programm (iocards_test.exe) i am able to move the servo motor (in my case Flap gauge) but the direction is wrong.

I assumed (as stated in the OC manual) small value = position up, higher value = , 5, 10 and so on.

If i turn the slider up - the motor does not move clockwise, it moves counterclockwise.

Does anybody encountered the same behaviour and has a solution. The motor is connected the correct way to the usbservo card +5V / Data / GND. Does the +5V and GND have influence on the direction of the servo ? It is connected the right way....

I want to leave all the SIOC code out for now, i just want to see the motors running in the right direction. I will not use SIOC to drive - PROSIM can control them - i sucessfully can adjust the motor with prosim but it loses somehow the correct position and i have the impression that there is some how a kind of barrier or limit in the servos motor as it turnes.

Anyway - The usbservo card is configured correctly in sioc.ini and recogized by the sioc program.

Hmmm- strange enough but maybe somebody had the same observations and found some tricks to solve this.

Cheers Andy

PS: but it is good to see that the holes in the MIP are getting closed step by step even with gauge which have strange behaviour.

10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Direction of Servo Motor in OC Test Programm

It should not matter which way the servo turns when moving the sliders. If you are using ProSim you just set the relevant positions using the sliders on the configuration tab and the gauge will work correctly.

Paul