Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Combining commands and bit operations

Hi!

I got a question regarding XUIPC.

I have a FSUIPC-Offset, where each bit represents a seperate switch. Each of this switches shall trigger a different command in X-Plane. Is there a way to get this working or would I have to put each switch on a different offset?

Any help is welcome!

Kind regards,
    Tim

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Combining commands and bit operations

Please clarify - are you making use of an existing offset which handles switch values, or are you defining your own offset for a group of switches?

If this is an existing offset, you need to build the bit-handling into the code that reads the switches, so that when the switch-flip is detected, only the appropriate bit is changed. Here's some pseudocode for a switch that changes the third bit in the offset byte. It's meant to illustrate the concept, so no effort has been made towards language-specific syntax.

&& = 'bitwise AND'
    || = 'bitwise OR'

on switch.changestate do
    if switch.state = 'off' then
    offsetbyte = offsetbyte && 251 (251 = '1111011'; this turns the 3rd bit off, leaves the rest as is)
    else
    offsetbyte = offsetbyte || 4 (4 = '0000100; this turns the 3rd bit on, leaves the rest as is)
    end if
    end do

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Re: Combining commands and bit operations

Hey! Thanks for your reply.

I noticed, I forgot some important information. Let me elaborate.

I am currently building a home cockpit using the IOcards from opencockpits. The script language they use is designed for Microsofts FS using FSUIPC. As I would like to switch over to X-Plane I am currently playing around with XUIPC. I already got parts working.
    Now I got some hardware switches. To save offsets, I combined the states of these switches into one offset using one bit for each switch. So now, for example Bit 0 = 1 means, the fuel pumps are ON while Bit 1 = 1 means, that the wiper is activated.
    In X-Plane, an the plane I'm using, an EC135. These Switches are triggered using a Command. I would now like to use XUIPC to split the Offset into 8 Commands, that are send to X-Plane if the according bits are true.

I hope that I am more understandable now. My english is not the best...

Regards,
    Tim