25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Eyefinity vs SLI

Hi All

My current visuals machine employs an ATI 5770HD card to provide front left, front and front right views on three monitors. I suffer from a massive fps drop whenever I introduce any more than a slight scatter of clouds into the mix. I have read that ATI cards don't tend to handle clouds that well so my question is; Could I switch to 2 x Nvidia cards in a SLI formation (to continue with 3 monitors) and expect to limit the FPS drop?

Regards

Alex
    www.al3x-foster.tumblr.com

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Eyefinity vs SLI

Quote Originally Posted by chicofrostie View Post
    Hi All

My current visuals machine employs an ATI 5770HD card to provide front left, front and front right views on three monitors. I suffer from a massive fps drop whenever I introduce any more than a slight scatter of clouds into the mix. I have read that ATI cards don't tend to handle clouds that well so my question is; Could I switch to 2 x Nvidia cards in a SLI formation (to continue with 3 monitors) and expect to limit the FPS drop?

Regards

Alex
    www.al3x-foster.tumblr.com
    Hi Alex.

I am thinking of going to ATI Eyefinity HD 5670 for my triple outside view, but I am worried about frame rates! Can you tell me the sort of rates that you are getting using ATI? I like the idea of "Eyefinity".
    At the moment, I am using Matrox Parhelia 128mb, but I will be changing computers, and will have to contend with PCI express, and buy new graphics cards!
    Any idea's that you have, would be gratefully received.

Thanks.

TONY,Plymouth UK