Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: cost-conscious Boeing 737NG throttle

Hi

Exactly what I thinking at. I have not ask if you can build a motorized throttle?

If not, I am maybe going buy one in the future? If you can build one, is depends on what it will cost?

If I can build a non moto... for about 600$ I am satisfied, if a motor...... will cost about 200$ more the dream has come true!

Is a moto.... throttle will cost about 2200$ to build if not worth it, do you see my point?

My I ask, must I have a motor...... if you will see the thorttle movement according form the autopilot? Stupid question

The only differnences are as nonmotor...... you must move the throttle in the correct position when you are disconnecting the autopilot (autothrottle)!

Best Fredrik

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Fredrik,

Yes it is quite possible to build a motorized unit and I should think probably for another 200 or less. You would need a servo motor for each lever you want to motorize and for trim wheels also I should think. I have no idea of the costs of these servo motors and at this time I know very little about them.

It isn't necessary to have a motorized unit but I have to believe it would be a lot more realistic to have. I wish I had a motorized unit, but at the moment my knowledge base is a bit limited when it comes to electronics.

One thing I forgot to mention, search this forum and read every thread. The amount of information with in is incredible. You will learn something about everything when it comes to building a home sim pit

Hope this helps ,

Ed
    Last edited by birdyguy; 03-15-2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: misspelled name

Hi

As all of you now I am planning to build a motorized 737ng throttle but in my style and inm the most easiest way. I have read a little of what stuff I am going to need!

That bring a lot of question to sort out:
    1.)
    The most important to understand are the diff... USB pc card to connec between the throttle and mine computer. The type of cards you need are according to what you are going to build. The principal of this are that you must have a master card who are controling the other?

2.)
    I have seen that some has DC motor instead of servos but what are the best way to go and the most easiest way?

3.)
    Where can I find the diff... size of the real throttle etc. etc.?

More question will come//
    Best Fredrik

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Fredrick,

That bring a lot of question to sort out:
    1.)
    The most important to understand are the diff... USB pc card to connec between the throttle and mine computer. The type of cards you need are according to what you are going to build. The principal of this are that you must have a master card who are controling the other?

I use the Bodnar card for my throttle inputs. It offers both axes and buttons. It's reasonably priced and to date I have not had any issues with it whatsoever. http://www.leobodnar.com/products/BU0836X/

2.)
    I have seen that some has DC motor instead of servos but what are the best way to go and the most easiest way?

No idea on this one. Dont know much about either of these devices.

3.)
    Where can I find the diff... size of the real throttle etc. etc.?

Try this site http://www.737ngproject.be/ I have found a good deal of my throttle information here. Reading this forum from start to finish isn't an option, it's a must do. So much information to be found. As you sort through it, you will find all kinds of sites to visit. Also have a look at Claus's site if you haven't already. He has built a great throttle for very low cost. http://www.737sim.dk/ These are just a few of my favouites, but there are far too many to list in this post.

Ed

Hi

Can I switch the site: http://www.737ngproject.be/ to English?

I will build with servos for throttle, flaps & speedbrake but what servos can I use for the project and what weight must the servos manage?

I do have Saxöx Digital Servo SC1258 x2 these are from a RC racer car! Can I use it? They are build to handle 12kg!

Fredrik

150+ Forum Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by freddehboy View Post
    Hi

Can I switch the site: http://www.737ngproject.be/ to English?

I use Chrome. It asks if you want to translate. I think FireFox has a built in translator also. For sure the pages translate.

I will build with servos for throttle, flaps & speedbrake but what servos can I use for the project and what weight must the servos manage?

No idea on this. Sorry. If you find out please let me know.

I do have Saxöx Digital Servo SC1258 x2 these are from a RC racer car! Can I use it? They are build to handle 12kg!

Fredrik
    Can't help with servos as I dont know anything about them yet. Maybe someone else can offer help on that one.

Hi all

You can follow the projekt in the forum!

I have desided to start my projekt in building a motorized 737ng throttle, yoke and peddals!

I have no time line so it may take the time it takes and the cost, I hope, it will be spread out over a couple of year!
    Best Fredrik

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12