Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

FS PANEL STUDIO.

Does anybody know if it is possible to build gauges with FS Panel Studio (or similar), on their sides so that I can pivot the monitor to provide portrait view and have the gauges appear correctly?
    The monitor in question, has a 2mb Matrox Millenium card, and it cannot be pivoted electronically. A more powerful card (that will pivot) cannot be used because it causes display problems elsewhere.

Gauge building software that allows gauges to be built with any orientation, would be great!

Any idea's?

Thanks.

TONY, Plymouth UK

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: FS PANEL STUDIO.

Hi Tony
    several things come to mind
    1 Get the driver from the Matrox website for your card, look for legacy drivers. I think what you want was called Power desk. This allowed you to rotate one or many displays.
    2 I've looked at FSpanel studio and can't see how you can rotate the gauges. You can edit bitmaps but this doesn't affect the moving/data part e,g Altimeter needle.
    3 Check the built in menu on your monitor, many monitors allow rotation as a built in function. Remember to change the resolution to suit in Windows display properties e.g 1280x1024 changes to 1024x1280
    4 Swap the vertical and horizontal sync pins in the VGA cable. I've done this many tears ago and can't remember if it makes a mirror image though.
    Hope this helps
    regards
    geoff

Quote Originally Posted by jonesthesoftware View Post
    Hi Tony
    several things come to mind
    1 Get the driver from the Matrox website for your card, look for legacy drivers. I think what you want was called Power desk. This allowed you to rotate one or many displays.
    2 I've looked at FSpanel studio and can't see how you can rotate the gauges. You can edit bitmaps but this doesn't affect the moving/data part e,g Altimeter needle.
    3 Check the built in menu on your monitor, many monitors allow rotation as a built in function. Remember to change the resolution to suit in Windows display properties e.g 1280x1024 changes to 1024x1280
    4 Swap the vertical and horizontal sync pins in the VGA cable. I've done this many tears ago and can't remember if it makes a mirror image though.
    Hope this helps
    regards
    geoff

Hi.

The card is years old being only 2mb and used for gauges only and would not respond to Power Desk which I already have for my Matrox Parhelia.
    What are 'virtical and horizontal sync pins'?
    It looks like I might have to use a 4:3 monitor to provide the space either side on the panel that I need for switches etc.

Many thanks.

TONY.

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Tony
    what about option 3. What monitor are you using?
    Pins 14 and 15 of the VGA cable can be swapped over This will rotate the picture but not sure if it produces mirror image it's a long time since I did this. If you search the internet for VGA pinouts you can find lots of useful info.
    regards
    geoff