MyCockpit Support Staff dodiano's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

News from Throttletek!

Hi Guys,

Couple of exciting news I want to share with you! Our first 1:1 scale 767 Throttle quadrant has been shipped to Spain I will post some pics very soon of the finished unit and it will be launched in the next couple of days here in mycockpit!! That endeavour took us 7 years and had to buy the real quad for the closest realism possible! And make it as I wanted it to be!! 3 more units are in ordered 2 of them in their final stages for our costumers!

On other news our G-A320 Throttle is on it's final stages! Since I flew the real plane for almost 6 years I have goven a lot of attention to detail and the Mechanical feeling of this Throttle! We had experience with Airbus THrottles with our A-330 Throttle but this one has been quite a challenge specially cause of the reverse system and its complex mechanics! But I am very happy with the end results! I am also happy to add that this unit will have engraved and Backlit panels and is a 1:1 scaled Replica!! I will try my best to have preliminary pics next week and a Video as soon as the first unit is ready! Please stay tuned!

Other products are coming out on 2012 even some fighter stuff that has been requested hopefully! Once again I apreciate your comments and ideas!

REGARDS

Roberto Soriano

10+ Posting Member

Re: News from Throttletek!

Robert

Seen that you have flown the 330 and the 320, is there much of a difference in size and operation of the throttles between the two aircraft?

Antonio

Hi,

Sorry but I have not flown the A-330 only the A-320 but size is similar although the reversers on teh A-330 are different to the A-320 regards!

Roberto

10+ Posting Member

Thanks for the reply. I assumed that you had flown the 330 because you mentioned that you had had experience with the A330 throttles. Did you by any chance build a throttle quadrant based on the 330?

Antonio

Hi Actually what I meant is that experience on the A330 Throttle cause we have built a couple for some costumers the pics are here:

http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/show...bus-G-Throttle

Regards

Roberto

10+ Posting Member

I was not aware of the thread regarding your construction of the A330 throttle quadrant. Thanks for the link. I totally missed it. That's great news, that you are planning on offering the unit for purchase. If I ever commit to building a sim, it would be a A330, so it's great to know where I could go.
    I'll post a comment in that thread so as not to deviate this one in a different direction.

Cheers
    Antonio