Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    500+ This must be a daytime job ian@737ng.co.uk's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Microsoft Flight now available. Anyone tried it yet?

nothing serious about this. all i can say is 'it's good for nothing'
    P3D is where the future is right now......
    rgds

ian
    Mr. Ian. P. Sissons is hereby recognised as an Honorary Flight Sim Captain following his passing in February 2016. This is in recognition for his commitment to Flight Simulation.

www.mycockpit.org Featured Builder August 2008 www.737ng.co.uk
    FS9/PROSIM737/CPFLIGHT/Lots of BU0836X's and a Beer Fridge

On a certain forum anyone saying anything negative about Flight is made to feel they have mental problems and will get banned before you hit the post button, also has anyone read the errmmm unbiased review on the aforemention site? Basically it has no AI, ATC, no flight planner, no real weather and no coverage because apparently, we did not use those elements???????
    I had to read it several times to make sure I read it right.
    Allan.

300+ Forum Addict

MS Flight is a great comparison-contrast sales ad for Xplane 10. Flight is no comparison to Xplane and totally contrasts FSX...

It made me buy Xplane 10 for $79.99 today!

There is one person who is very very happy with MS Flight...Austin Meyer...lol.

On another site I posted this link:

http://www.ps3attitude.com/new/2009/...x-faq-general/

Replace every instance of Tom Clancy('s) or Ubi-Soft with Microsoft and every instance of H.A.W.X with Flight. You'll see that the wording for MS Flight release is right out of the Tom Clancy H.A.W.X "GAME" playbook...

BSD

Ps. the thing that is the worst is people saying the hobbyist, home builders or devoted simmers thinks Microsoft owes them something. In other words, saying we fit the oh so repeated "Entitlement" crowd. I don't feel Microsoft owes me anything; actually, I or we owe Microsoft a thank you! Thank you for keeping us from spending our money (where you normally rob us) on Flight first, and then finding out how bad it is for "Simulation". On the bright side, Flight "GAME" will make the K-12 kids happy.

I think the main problem is we were misled, if they had come out and said it was - whats the word - thats it, sh1te, then I would have not got my hopes up for the 2 years of developement, as it was they were teasing us with titbits of info, and then bring out that pile of cack.
    And no, I havent even downloaded it. Do I need to?
    Allan.

300+ Forum Addict

Nope you don't need to download it because so many have done that and given such bad reviews. Even the beta testers are now saying they only stuck with it for an hour or so before it was released. Heck, the Spin Doctors at Computer Pilot, PC Pilot, and other Simulation News Outlets are going to have a hard time writing positive about it.

The all so called Unbias reporting or articles will likely go on and on about the graphics engine, the relationship with ICON, the wonderful new MS Studio Staff, and in turn say how the flight simulation community is not happy with Flight, but it's okay because Microsoft is breaking ground and going in a new direction or with a new vision. It's the typical CYOB writing; instead, they all should call it like it is this time...nothing but a poor rip off a GAME for money. No wait it was free! SURE, until you want to try something else after playing for an hour and getting bored.

For the peolpe who want to jump in and just pretend to fly, this MS Flight "Game" is for you. Just play, collect coins, fly through hoops and watch out for the hot air balloons! When you're ready to take the next "real" step into "SIMULATION", FS9, FSX, XPlane 10, and Prepar3D will be there happily waiting for you. Although, the hobbyist, home cockpit builders, hardcore simmer, who have been the backbone of all of this, might not help you all that much because of the insults thrown upon them...

10+ Posting Member

Anyone know if some add airplanes for FS9 or FSX will run in the new Microsoft Flight ? ,I have the impression NONE….appear it is an other new "beautiful" game…, sadly I think the real flight simulation is over .

Any experience w/ the Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D® simulation ?

For now I will keep my FS9 and FSX

Thanks

Now that FLIGHT has been released does anyone know if Microsoft will cease to produce, support and sell FSX as it did with fs9 when FSX was released?

Joe Maldonado
    www.project727.com
    PRESERVING THE ELEGANCE AND
    TIMELESS DESIGN OF THE BOEING 727

Quote Originally Posted by rafaeljose View Post
    Anyone know if some add airplanes for FS9 or FSX will run in the new Microsoft Flight ? ,I have the impression NONE….appear it is an other new "beautiful" game…, sadly I think the real flight simulation is over .

Thanks
    You have more chance of adding FSX airplanes to Grand Theft Auto.
    Allan.

10+ Posting Member

Fellows:

I think we just started a big turmoil in all the FS9/FSX add-on’s business world: software/hardware like flight illusion, Captainsim, Goflight, Accu sim, PC, Computer Pilot magazine etc….What will be the future of flight simulation and add-on after this new “children-game”?

I guess during the FS9’s time we got the maximal period of the flight simulation, after the FSX platform all has been falling until now, the new MS will terminate this business ?

I guess that this hobby became soo very expense that only the few/ senior have the opportunity, time and monies to build the cockpits, by experience the new generation has been preferring to use consoles like playstation and others devices, therefore MS will make more monies if is focus in the new generation…I am wrong?

Thanks

Yes, Flight is a turkey totally unsuitable for our needs, but My sim of choice,FSX, is not going to self destruct next week.
    If another add on is never released for FSX I could happily use it for another 10 years with what I have now.
    Microsoft has totally dropped a bollock on this one and I doubt we will see another simulator from them.
    Allan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast