10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

A Belated Introduction from West Yorkshire, UK

Having been a member here since November 2009, I think it's probably about time that I introduced myself!

I have been interested (fascinated) in flight simulators for many years. It all started with a very basic flight simulator on a Sinclair ZX81 and has continued, unabated, to this day. I have now flown all sorts of simulators on all sorts of platforms includling a session on the Monarch 757 simulator al Luton airport and one on a 737 simulator in Yorkshire.
    I have also been fortunate in meeting Ian Sissons and spent some time with him discussing aspects of simulator building and also flying his 737 simulator to Leeds Bradford. Thank you Ian and what an achievement!

Now to be honest, it was after my visit to Ian that I decided to build my fist 'proper' simulator. Minful of Ian's advice, i.e. Four forces act on an aircraft (simulator), Budget-Skill-Expectations-Space, plus the fact that I had previously flown Cessnas before having to give up due to a slight health problem, I decided on a Cessna 172. The planning and building has so far taken two and a half years and I have only recently completed what I call Phase 1 which is the cockpit. From the beginning my aim has been to keep as close as possible to the real thing. The next phase is the enclosure/cabin which I intend to start in March this year. Once that is finished I shall then investigate ways of improving the outside view(currently 3 x 19inch monitors/Matrox triple-head). And then ......... Well I am beginning to understand that a simulator is never really finished! I am also beginning to think about a possible future build and the Cessna Mustang looks interesting!

Best wishes,

Andrew

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor

Re: A Belated Introduction from West Yorkshire, UK

Hi,

Welcome aboard. Glad to see another GA builder. Ian has helped me tremendously, and most of my interfacing knowledge come from the man himself. Like many, it is our first visit to the cockpit or first sim ride that gets us hooked. My Cessna 150 Trial flights got me hooked, and couldn't afford what Ian introduced to the world. So a Cessna is what I started building.

Have applied for Ryanair Cabin Crew so hope to be flying in 737's everyday soon.....

Please let us know your progress and update with pics!

Cheers matey!

Alex
    GA or the Highway!

Executive Assistant Geremy Britton's Avatar

Where abouts in the UK are you located Andrew, from much of your experiences in yorkshire it seems you may not be too far away
    Geremy Britton
    Executive Assistant, MyCockpit Inc
    Head of GLB Flight Products
    www.geremy.co.uk

10+ Posting Member

Hi Geremy,

I live in West Yorkshire, twenty minutes drive from Leed-Bradford airport where I used to fly from, so not too far away.

5. Thanks Geremy Britton thanked for this post