Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Opencockpits FMC with 767LD

I received the opencockpits FMC for the 747 but I can't find any documentation. To be honest I found the opencockpit website quite hard to browse. I never find what I look for...

Coming back to my question...
    I connected the FMC to my PC and with lekseecon I can interact with it with the 767LD.
    I saw that the FMC has no light for the EXEC button that makes it quite hard to use at least if one does not remember when such a button must be pressed.
    Browsing the web I saw Nico's solution to put a LED in the place of the BRT pin. Do I have to connect such a LED to my master card or a output line is already available in the card onboard of the FMC?

In the same way.. I saw that the board has 4 LEDs and I want to light the MSG LED. Is it already available or do I have to connect that LED to one of the output line of my master card?

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Opencockpits FMC with 767LD

Hi
    You'll need to dismantle the FMC and fit the LED's and resistors for EXEC, MSG/OFFST and DSPY/FAIL. the holes are there in the PCB. Because of the way the FMC is constructed it's not possible to put the EXEC led under the EXEC button. What I did was to bend the legs of the LED and out it under the BRT button then scraped the black paint off the top off the button so that glows when EXEC is needed. Take photos as you dismantle it as you need to get the spacers back in the correct position and keep the keys face down as they all fall out! (don't ask just don't ask)
    Yes you'll need to connect the LEDs to an output card via the ribbon cable connector I'll post the manual in the downloads section can't seem to attach a file here.
    Image1.jpg

I've put it in the Miscellaneous section
    I used a VGA to RCA video adaptor. Set at 1280X1024. Undock the FMC window drag to FMC 5inch screen and drag to size.
    CHeck out Niko Kaan's website you'll find all the Lekseecon/SIOC scripts there for the FMC keys.
    hope this helps

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

I did this a couple of days ago on my OC 747 CDU. The resistors for all LED's are there and all LED´s except for the EXEC key. Just add a 3 mm white LED. I drilled a 3 mm hole just above the EXEC key from the back side. Take a look here: http://www.737ng.co.uk/djb/opencockpits_fmc.pdf
    Good luck!

4. Thanks weyes thanked for this post

Thank you both for your great help and the manual!

I dismantled the FMC and realized that the 4 LEDs for MSG and so on are already mounted in the PCB with a resistor. You can see a few pictures in my blog: http://weyes-homecockpit.blogspot.co...kpits-fmc.html

I removed the BRT black pin from the keyboard. I didn't like it at all
    The plastic masks below it have a hole so it seems that this is the best place to put my LED (no even more: it seems that he hole has been drilled there with the purpose of housing a LED!). I remounted the device and went to my seller where I find a neoprene holder to fit a 5mm green led into.

I also bought a VGA to Video converter and connected the FMC to my inboard graphic device. I have red Nico's website for setting the screen but in my case it did not work well and I had to redo all the procedure by myself.. very time boring and consuming
    I choose a screen resolution of 800x600 and placed the widget there. It is quite good. But now I am wondering if I did something wrong as a resolution of 1280x1024 sounds much better.
    I fly in window mode if it matters.

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi
    I found 1280 x 1024 just looked better on my OC FMC but since the FMC only shows simple text I don't think resolution is a big deal. If it looks good it's OK.
    regards
    geoff

7. Thanks weyes thanked for this post

Thank's a lot Geoff, I will try and check if there is any difference.

Looking at the manual, I found that the contacts of the LEDs are available in the 40 pins connector below the PCB. Which is the best way to use them? I mean... is it better to scrap the wires or to sold cable at the rear side of the PCB, or...?

For the LED of the EXEC I preferred to make 2 little hole in the PCB because of the way I Fit the LED in the hole of the BRT. But I could connect the poles of the LED to the PCB I guess they are the 2 holes below the EXEC key.

150+ Forum Groupie

HI
    I soldered wires to the connector pins. Yes the 2 holes nearest the EXEC key are for the LED. kind regards
    geoff

I put 2 wires into the socket and plugged in. It works.
    I realized of the 2 holes too late.. but thank you Geoff.

This is to let you Geoff and Hakan that the FMC is now working perfectly.
    Thank you for your help!