Thread: new sim ??

150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

new sim ??

Hi Guys just came across this info and wondered waht the general feeling here was about this http://www.key.aero/view_news.asp?ID...ion=simulation look impressive as all demos do but whats the catch ?

Re: new sim ??

Quote Originally Posted by wannabeaflyer View Post
    Hi Guys just came across this info and wondered waht the general feeling here was about this http://www.key.aero/view_news.asp?ID...ion=simulation look impressive as all demos do but whats the catch ?
    I'll be interested to hear if any other pit builders have checked it out. $50 for just one country??? And, not knowing about I/O beyond a USB joystick or if it can be networked etc. it's had to say if it's worth much to a pit builder.

Looks nice as desktop sims go, need to know more about if it might be good for a pit.
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: P3Dv4.1, FSUIPC5, Link2FSMulti, ASN16, Orbix, REX, BFF Force Feedback

10+ Posting Member

Wow that scenery is to die for... but just one country is hard to swallow... It'd take years to do the world. Even so, if the aircraft
    fly as well as FSX aircraft then even for one country and that quality of scenery, I'd buy it.

150+ Forum Groupie Cessna172sim's Avatar

Take a closer look:
    day-only, VFR-only, switzerland only. The aircrafts are barebone: Only the "holy six" instruments are working. No radio navigation is implemented. No Autopilot. No electrics. No working switches, no electrics. Engines are always running and cannot be shut down or started.

The piston engine model is nonsense: it has no idea of density altitude, so you can climb the C172 to FL200 with 1000fpm. Mixture control is not implemented. Also the manifold pressure is nonsense, as are the temperatures (neither fuel flow nor EGT gauges work).

5. Thanks No Longer Active thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Vectro View Post
    Take a closer look:
    day-only, VFR-only, switzerland only. The aircrafts are barebone: Only the "holy six" instruments are working. No radio navigation is implemented. No Autopilot. No electrics. No working switches, no electrics. Engines are always running and cannot be shut down or started.

The piston engine model is nonsense: it has no idea of density altitude, so you can climb the C172 to FL200 with 1000fpm. Mixture control is not implemented. Also the manifold pressure is nonsense, as are the temperatures (neither fuel flow nor EGT gauges work).
    While having coffee this morning before work I did a little more reading on their site and in their forums and was coming on to post much of the same info, but I missed the density altitude issue.

SO this is a great start to a basic sim that, if they choose to build it out further, may have future potential, but for now $50 for a one country arcade game is a non starter for me.
    https://www.facebook.com/mycessnasim PC: Intel Core i7 Haswell @ 3.8GHz, 8Gb Ram, Win 7 64Bit, dual SSDs, GeFroce 780 SIM: P3Dv4.1, FSUIPC5, Link2FSMulti, ASN16, Orbix, REX, BFF Force Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Vectro View Post
    Take a closer look:

but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, it is a damn fine sim.
    Allan.

10+ Posting Member

I did note the poor quality of the aircraft and lack of instruments, but I didn't do
    alot of reading on the site. Total lack of density altitude is the total killer.

However, still, if they keep at it, the scenery itself could make a great sim
    IF and ONLY if they make it a true sim.

150+ Forum Groupie

Cheers Guys that what i like about the lads en ladies here informed info, and you guys look beyond the gloss. --- thought it was too good to be true LOL but damm nice eye candy thanks for the feedback guys

10+ Posting Member

LOL hehe well that'd be nice too lol