I am a newbie on home build cockpit, and my goal is to setup a 737 cockpit

I am planning to use 6 computers at the moment
    1 server
    1 FS
    1 PFD for both Capt & FO
    1 EICAS
    1 CDU
    1 instructor station

I still have not yet purchase PM yet, but also look at ProSim737, as I see a lot of positive feedback on it

My question would be, which computer should I connect my hardware to (other than display), like yoke, rudder, throttle, overhead, mcp, efis, etc.

I guess you can connect everything to FS computer, but I try to reduce the workload on this computer!

500+ This must be a daytime job Sean Nixon's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Number of computers and Hardware Setup

Whilst not 100% certain, I'm thinking things that communicate directly to FS (yoke, rudder, maybe throttle), need to be connected to the FS PC. The MCP, CDU, etc. communicates with other software before that software communicates with FS over the network, therefore that hardware/software combo can be moved off the FS PC.

150+ Forum Groupie

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Number of computers and Hardware Setup

Reading flight controls and running radios, displays etc requires almost zero work from the FS PC, so you might as well run whatever controls you want to it. Primary flight controls should most definitely be on the main FS PC. Worry less about loading up your primary PC and more about what is easier and more practical logistically......for instance, if you have a lot of momentary buttons, might as well hook them to the FS PC and assign them using built-in software, to avoid having to write your own. OTOH, if you have a ton of rocker switches that you are going to have to write software for anyway, might as well connect them to the PC they are closest to (like the one for your PFDs) and just shoot their state over to your primary PC via UDP or TCP (I personally recommend UDP because it's fast and simple, but that's just me).

Matt