150+ Forum Groupie

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Speed Brake Calibration has me stumped

Hello fellow builders, ladies and gentleman of the skies,

I'm nearing the end of my 737 throttle quad build. well, getting close. I am stumped on the speed brake calibration and could use a little help. I found a 120K pot kicking about and decided to use that. It's one of those that has a resistor between the neg and the pos. I tested it out on it's own before using it, and seems to me, it worked fine, -16383 right on up through to +16383. After installing it on the brake lever I now find there is a wicked dead zone at the start and end of the pot and I can't for the life of me figure out how to solve it. I'm thinking there must be something I have missed in the calibration area but no clue what. I deleted all axis assignments in fsx and started from scratch and still no avail. I'm using the RZ axis in FSUIPC4. I still get the -16383 to +16383 but it all happens in about a quarter of a turn. Any help to get me going in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed

150+ Forum Groupie

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Speed Brake Calibration has me stumped

To the Moderators, you may close or delete this thread as I believe my problem is with faulty potentiometers.

Thanks

Ed