25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Locking the Positions of the Panels on extra monitors

Hi Guys,

I am setting up my simpit based on LVLD767, with Captain's and Centre Panels on 2nd and 3rd monitor.
    I am using resolution of 1280 x 800.
    But everytime I open up a flight I have to resize the additional panel monitors because they tend to move here and there.

Is there anyway I can write in the aircraft.cfg file and direct the panels to the 2nd and 3rd monitor, so that they are positioned as I want them to everytime?

Thanks,

Taufeeq

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Locking the Positions of the Panels on extra monitors

Have a look on the LevelD forum I remember someone posting a little procedure to do with dragging the undocked windows to the chosen monitors, save the flight, go to full screen mode , save the flight, go to windowed mode and save again, sounds crazy but it worked????

regards
    geoff

Boeing 777 Builder

Re: Locking the Positions of the Panels on extra monitors

Hi Taufeeq,

As Geoff alluded to there is definitely a procedure that although mysterious if followed results in panels that stick to monitors as you request.

1. Start FS in Windowed mode
    2. Drag panels to the required monitors
    3. Save your flight.
    4. Go to the directory of your saved flights (My Documents\Flight Simulator X\) and find your saved flight with the extension "???.FSSAVE" and copy to desktop
    5. Launch your saved flight using this file.
    6. Switch FSX to Fullscreen
    7. Close FSX but DO NOT SAVE.

The trick is to never save your flight while in Fullscreen or it will stuff up your panels. Always save from Windowed mode then switch. Now when you launch your saved flight using the desktop shortcut you should be in FSX in Fullscreen mode with panels on the correct monitors. Do this with each aircraft you wish to fly and you should be good to go. There are some exceptions to this procedure due to the vagaries of FS but mostly I have found this to work.

Good luck,

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

4. Thanks oal331, Tom_G_2010 thanked for this post