25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: BACKGROUND SEPERATE FROM ATC!

Quote Originally Posted by manhattan View Post
    Hi.
    The ATC as distinct from other aircraft sounds does not constitute an "application", and all sounds are bound up in the single audio output coming from the sound card. Because of this, seperation is virtually impossible - even using a graphics equaliser to filter out unwanted sounds.
    Indie Volume seems to be an audio mixer that receives different feeds to be mixed and processed in the normal way? FS has only ONE feed from the sound card carrying ALL sounds.
    Having said this, your further comments wiuld be of interest.

Thanks.

TONY Plymouth UK
    Correct. You must use an external ATC in order to separate the Audio. IndieVolume would allow you separate ie. RC4 and FS9 Audio channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Dowson View Post
    If you use a third party program for ATC, instead of the terrible default FS ATC, then the sound comes from that program, not from FS. So there is no need for sound to be routed from FS through it!

RC runs quite happily on a networked PC. The menu can appear on the FS screen, or, via a little program called ShowText, on any screen on any PC in the network. The sound can be routed to a headset, for eample, because you'd connect the headset to the Networked PC which is running RC.

You can do the same sort of thing with ProATC/X, though not (yet) move its menu off the PC screen.

Regards
    Pete
    Many thanks Pete.

I presume that RC would perform in much the same way as inbuilt ATC (but much better) and would relate to aircraft movements in the same way? I am not too familiar with RC and presume that I can select ATC only to send to the headphones? Sorry, I'm not too technical!

Thanks again.

TONY, Plymouth UK

300+ Forum Addict

Quote Originally Posted by manhattan View Post
    I presume that RC would perform in much the same way as inbuilt ATC (but much better) and would relate to aircraft movements in the same way?
    It tries to deal with AI traffic. it does talk correctly to them, and stops most, but not all, runway conflicts. It doesn't handle them in the air. For decent air separation you need to add something like AISmooth (which actually also helps with default aI too).

I am not too familiar with RC and presume that I can select ATC only to send to the headphones? Sorry, I'm not too technical!
    RC's sound goes to the default sound device. You can make that your headset on the Networked PC. If you ran RC on the same PC as FS you'd need to change the default device before starting it, or use that IndieVolume program described earlier in the thread.

ProATC/X will one day have sound device selection capabilities, which would be a tidier way of doing it. It's not in yet, but on their "to do" list.

Pete

It tries to deal with AI traffic. it does talk correctly to them, and stops most, but not all, runway conflicts. It doesn't handle them in the air. For decent air separation you need to add something like AISmooth (which actually also helps with default aI too).

RC's sound goes to the default sound device. You can make that your headset on the Networked PC. If you ran RC on the same PC as FS you'd need to change the default device before starting it, or use that IndieVolume program described earlier in the thread.

ProATC/X will one day have sound device selection capabilities, which would be a tidier way of doing it. It's not in yet, but on their "to do" list.

Pete
    Hello again Pete.

Thanks again for your valuable assistance. I will be installing RC on a seperate computer as suggested. Will I need to install anything else as well to make this work?

Regards,

TONY Plymouth UK

Pete
    Hello again.
    Just a quick question - apart from RC, will I need to install anything else for this to work?

Regards
    TONY.

25+ Posting Member

RC and WideFS.

25+ Posting Member

I plan on using my old Sony home theatre 5.1 system with the sub woofer tucked in just behind my seat at the bottom. I have been looking for the Goflight ATC module, but can't seem to find one with a black facia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12