Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: home made tq and yoke

Hi Ian,
    i cut the loom from the ch yoke 3/4 of the way up the columb so that I could feed everything through the top of the right angled part of the yoke then when everything was in place I joined the loom only at that part ,I put in my own potentiometer at the base for pitch and one at the top for roll
    easy
    regards
    dave

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Ian,
    I meant to say in last reply that you remove everything from the ch yoke intact- I cut the wires to the 2 grey knobs on the right hand side as you don't need these then when you have everything removed you can see the length you need ,hope this helps

regards
    dave

10+ Posting Member

Hi Dave not knowing anything about electronics all I was going to do is use the components including potentiometers that came with the yoke, I was wondering why you didnt use the potentiometers that came with the yoke? and where I might buy some also with so many wires I am assuming several of each color how did you match up the wires after cutting the loom cheers

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Ian,
    When you cut the loom through all you do is join the same wires together with the same colours ,you can use the potentiometers already attached but I decided to use my own because when I was building the mechanical part of the yoke a placed a pot at the lower hinge point for fore and aft as you can see in the you tube video.
    All that the mechanical and analogue inputs are from 2 potentiometers , when you remove the ch yoke loom with all bits connected all your interested in is the 2 pots for pitch and roll , the buttons for trim etc are already there you don't have to do any thing with those items .
    Regards
    dave

10+ Posting Member

Hi Dave there are 2 questions for you 1 are saying that there are no multipal wires that are the same color in the loom whitch would cause me confusion if there was and 2 since starting this thread I am now considering using a 737 yoke like you have, if I do go down that track instead could you tell me where you purchased your yoke and could you asist with advice in wiring the switches cheers

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Ian,
    Basically all your interested in when you remove the ch yoke internals is the loom with the card and 2 pots , the way I connected the lower pot was with knex plastic cogs just eBay the part I placed the small grey knex cog over the pot shaft then the action of the columb going back and forward was connected to a large yellow knex plastic cog when the 2 mesh together then you have the action for the same with pitch and role .
    if your on Skype Ian please give me your Skype address and ill give you all the info you need as I'm in scotland and your in Australia -but its not a problem for me.
    regards
    dave

10+ Posting Member

Hi Dave my skype id is muffyman1 cheers mate I'll go online now

10+ Posting Member

Hi Dave my skype id is muffyman1

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi all
    i would just like to thank everyone for their interest in my home made tq and yoke I didn't realise there would be so much interest, I will try my best to help everyone who needs it-
    many thanks
    dave

150+ Forum Groupie

hi all
    just thought i would share a wee idea i have for my next yoke, what ill do is use a spindle from a bicycle wheel I will cut the spokes off then place the spindle in a circular block of wood the block of wood will fit in the top of the yoke all I will do is drill a hole through the center of the wood then cut the block in two, through the center i will fix the spindle in and araldite the two halfs together over the spindle then place the assy in the top of the yoke should work a treat also if you get the shamano hub it has the quick release handle on one side if the threaded bar -drill a hole through this and attach a spring for aileron resistance the rear of the wooden block would also have the pot and 2 knex plastic cogs
    regards
    dave

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345