150+ Forum Groupie

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

throttle (THQ) building

has anyone started building a throttle from the "767 throttle" drawings in the files section?
    I've just completed cutting out all the parts from that drawing but updated to a completely aluminium version which also has the TOGA , backlighting and motorised but it took a humungous amount of time , have a look at the picture to see how many parts were required.

all throttle parts 1.jpg
    just need to paint, assemble and wire and test.
    kind regards
    geoff

2. Thanks Perik, Masterploxis, Hessel Oosten, Geremy Britton thanked for this post
    25+ Posting Member

Re: throttle (THQ) building

Yep, looks like it takes a lot of parts. Looks good and keep the updates coming.

Those look awesome. I like them a lot. New to the forum. Can you point me in the direction of the files section

150+ Forum Groupie

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi all
    I've cut out 3 sets of parts for the all aluminium 767 throttle and I'm hoping to sell 2 sets to finance my luxury lifestyle of wine women and song oops sorry got carried away there. I need more money to buy some O/Cockpits boards and another FMC so if anyone is interested in buying, PM me for details and pricing. on
    jonesthesoftware(@)hotmail.com
    remove brackets of course.
    They can be fully assembled or you can buy it in kit form and DIY. See picture below for all parts. I'll give full help and instructions of course.
    Don't have finished picture yet as I have to paint them but they will look similar to but better than the last one I made in mdf.

regards
    geoff

P1000969.jpg
    all throttle parts 1.jpg

I have a question for you. I downloaded the plans and I also downloaded a free version of Autocad 2012 although I have no experience with autocad. How do you get the measurements for all the parts. I wanted to know if there are templates that are to scale that I could print out and then use to cut the material. This is my first throttle undertaking and need all the help I can get. I also sent you a PM about the price of your parts. May be interested in buying a set and adapting them for use in the throttle quad that I want to build. Thanks

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi Trooper
    It takes a little learning to use Autocad but basically from the top menu bar select "dimension" then maybe "linear" and then click on one end of a line and drag the dimension line to the other end of the line and ACad will put the dimension near the line you measured. The drawing I posted is drawn full scale so you can print out each part using the "plot" command but you need to setup your printer within Autocad and when you "plot" you have to select "scale=1:1"
    There are no dimensions showing on the drawing because it would simply clutter the view and make it difficult to see the rest of the drawing but Autocad has dimensions inherent in it's structure as you always have to draw in some unit or other. I've chose to draw in mm but you can just as easily setup Autocad to display my drawing and dimension and plot in Ft and inches. Check out the tutorials within Autocad and lots online.
    Sorry there's not enough time and space here for a tutorial, but persevere it will all make sense after a while and well worth the effort when it comes to designing your next cockpit part.
    What THQ are you going to make?
    kind regards
    geoff

10+ Posting Member

Geoff

This is all that I find as far as info about the throttle.
    Are they for sale? If so how much? Can you send the CAD plans as an attachement? torloni.sergio@gmail.com

Thanks

ST