Thread: Brighton 737NG

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Brighton 737NG

Time I introduced myself as I seem to spend a bit of time here reading. I'm Dave Cheetham, and just started my 737 build. You may recognise the name if you visit Flightsim shows as I work for Flight1, so maybe met a few of you already. I am using HispaPanels for the electronic and panel kits as they are a lot cheaper than buying plug and play. I am using Sismo Soluciones ethernet boards for the simcards.

At the same time, I am writing a complete picture and video tutorial of each part of the build showing the order of soldering components etc. I am a total beginner but find the best way to learn and overcome confusing bits is to write an explanation of it for others. I will post the tutorial on www.SimStop.com once finished.

Just trying to modify a couple of knobs from Sismo so they can take a central 4mm shaft to operate TFC and CTR button presses. The knobs come with a brass nut fastening but I need to remove the brass core and replace it with a grub screw and spline I cut from a Maplin switch.

This is a first test of the unit backlighting. Need a bit more paint around the edges of buttons to stop light showthrough.

First LED test.jpg

Re: Brighton 737NG

Welcome Dave! How are the Seagulls doing, is the new stadium ready yet? I love Brighton
    Arjen
    -----
    "There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch." (Nigel Powers in Goldmember)

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor

Brighton & Hove are playing well at football at the moment, that's for sure! Agreed: Brighton is a cool place!
    GA or the Highway!

They better! If they let their fans, who come around in pooring rain, wear those silly 'smurfs'.

smurfs.jpg
    Arjen
    -----
    "There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch." (Nigel Powers in Goldmember)

5. Thanks No Longer Active thanked for this post

Unfortunately you are talking to the wrong person. Football is my pet hate!

I used to live near the old stadium 15 years ago before they were ripped off by their Director who sold it and made a fortune for himself. After I moved, they moved to take over the small community athletics stadium at Withdean literally about 100 yeards away and I HATE the sound of a football crowd while I am in my garden... or in my house on evening matches. Bloody racket!!!!!

But the new stadium is built and they have now moved.

Rant over!

I'm not a football fan either but we were there with friends from Brighton. I was amazed too, to see the stadium inside a residential area like this. It took ages to get out by car. But I also have very good memories from the Marina, the pier and the whole environment
    Arjen
    -----