Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Mycockpit.org Help building cockpit?

Iv decided, just for fun, to build a cockpit, probably a 737 x).
    Tho i dont have much money, im gonna buy 2 yokes, wich comes with throttle quadrants, but thats not really the problem. I could need some help, with how to build the actual cockpit.
    What materials aare best? and it doesent have to be perfect, it needs to be cheap, and not too much work. but again i dont want to sit inside a cardboard box either. Some help would be nice x)
    I have only used flight simulator X on my pc, and never tried a real simulator.
    Btw im gonna buy a projector for the landscape and stuff, should i use glass/plastic for the windows or just leave it open?

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Re: Help building cockpit?

Welcome to the wonderful world of cockpit building....

I suggest you look deeply within the site, there is SOOOOOO much information regarding building a 737 cockpit. Almost every bit of information you'll need..... BUT don't hesitate to ask for help, there are many here willing to guide you through the steps.

Wish you the best of luck and we certainly look forward to reading and of course seeing pics of your build!!!

Matt Olieman

Ok, i think im gonn build the cockpit out of foam, (like the isolation foam).
    And im gonna build a PVC frame on the outside so it wont fall apart
    Iv looked up some of the panels on the internet, and they are REALLY expensive, atleast when i really dont have much money like iv said before. Do you think modefied keyboards will work instead of some of the panels? Ofc i will have to buy some panels, but for most of them, would it still work fine if i mod a couple of keyboards ? maybe i could replace them later if im still interested in flight sims xD

1000+ Poster - Fantastic Contributor

PVC pipes can be used to make a shell, how you design that is down to your imagination. I think roger dodger is the king of pvc pipe shells. Using modified keyboards is a viable option I guess, but it is all very 'low end stuff'. Go to roger dodger aviation (google it) for inspiration...

Good luck and let us know how you get on....
    GA or the Highway!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Jarratt View Post
    PVC pipes can be used to make a shell, how you design that is down to your imagination. I think roger dodger is the king of pvc pipe shells. Using modified keyboards is a viable option I guess, but it is all very 'low end stuff'. Go to roger dodger aviation (google it) for inspiration...

Good luck and let us know how you get on....

haha roger dodger aviation is where i got the inspiration to build the cockpit xD