Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    10+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Exclamation ACE 737 -YOKE - WARNING : TRIM DEFECTIVE SWITCH

Good evening,

I would just like to inform you that I bought a ACE 737 YOKE AT 1500 EUROS.
    Great yoke, really, but unfortunately, on mine, the trim switch has a defective button. (blocks when pressed down)
    I bought it from mega aviation in Amsterdam.

I reported them the problem one month ago. They ordered a replacement switch.

After one month, they did not receive anything yet from ACE.

The support and customer service of the ACE company seems to be very "difficult".

I wanted to warn you in case you would intend to buy a yoke from this company.

I will of course inform you as soon as the replacement switch will be received.

Hope they will send it very soon.

I wil keep you posted.

Best Regards

PH737

25+ Posting Member

Re: ACE 737 -YOKE - WARNING : TRIM DEFECTIVE SWITCH

its ashame because the yokes are really good!

I tried emailing Ali about the yoke because mine is a bit stiff. I think there is a way to loosen the tension as mu yoke does not always go straight back to its zero position. I did notice there is a key hole that can be turned on the side at the bottom but not sure what it does?

Same here.
    I had a problem with it not turning right. I had to take the yoke apart and poke about in the gubbins with absolutely no help from ACE who ignored my cries for help. Even a simple question such as what pots did you use for the control column went unanswered.
    This gets on my last nerve.
    On the flip side are Cockpitsonic UK. I bought a flaps gauge and because I am stupid I didnt know how to connect it. I phoned up and got an answer machine, left a message for them to ring me back. 5 minutes later a phone call and he talked me through how to set it up using idiot speak. We then talked nonsense about cockpit building. Nicest bloke in the world, I wanted to adopt him but Mrs Notgotaclue put the dampers on that idea. Narrow minded woman....
    Allan.

Executive Vice President, MyCockpit

Just to be on the fair side and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I've had an ACE 737 for several years and have not had one bit of trouble with it.

Regarding communications, that to be expected in this industry, not that I like it, but that's the way it is. It's not a big industry, so the turn around time is quite a bit slower.

Matt Olieman

10+ Posting Member

Yes it is a shame, really.
    As I mentionend in my post, the yoke is great. The feeling is very good and smooth. I just would like it to function normally and wish he just could tell us when he sent the spare part to aviation megastore as I need them to proceed to the repair. I need to drive 5 hours to Amsterdam from Paris to have it repaired. A quick message for information about shipment would be appreciated and consideriing the price of the yoke, seems to me it is just normal, as it is mentionned that the yoke has a year warranty.

Considering your problem, first did you receive a manual for the yoke. It is true that it just needs to be USB connected and then set up inside the simulator setting page, but I noticed that on ACE website, it is written that manual can be sent on request. I emailed them to receive it, two months ago, but I am still waiting. So I do not know if you can ajust the tension.

To be honest, I did a 4 hours session in a professionnal full flight simulator and the feel of the ACE yoke is very similar to the feeling you have when flying in the full flight sim.

Then, about the fact you mention that it does not always go straight back to its zero position, I faced this in ther profesionnal full flight. In roll (bank) axis, the professional yoke return precisely in its zero position to keep the wings leveled in the position you required by turning the yoke. But I was very surprised to realize that in pitch axis, there were no central or zero postion. i was used to a saitek yoke that has a zero zone in pitch and roll. But on the real 737, there is no neutral or zero zone as you always trim your aircraft, and the logic is to trim teh aircraft in speed and attitude you want and then to cancel the pressure by trimming. And this action does not always correpsond to a neutral zone. This is what the professional pilot who were with me in the simulator (as an instructor) explained me.

That's for the pitch return to zero zone problem.

For the button located at the bottom of the yoke, let me know if you receive some information. It might interest me.

Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by pvjen1 View Post
    its ashame because the yokes are really good!

I tried emailing Ali about the yoke because mine is a bit stiff. I think there is a way to loosen the tension as mu yoke does not always go straight back to its zero position. I did notice there is a key hole that can be turned on the side at the bottom but not sure what it does?

10+ Posting Member

Dear Matt,

Thanks for your reply.
    I wish you were right and let's see if it is just a question of "quite a bit slower". I wish it was.
    I understand perfectly that it is a small industry. As mentionned many times, this yoke is good. The issue is with the customer service and support and to be honest, I have been warned by many contacts about this issue.

Again, considering the price of the yoke, (and even if it was cheaper), respect to customers seems to me normal and what you can expect from any companies that trades product. Of course, as you mention, it is not a big industry so I can perfectly understand some delay before getting an answer.
    I can also accept defective pieces, that can happen, if a solution is quickly found. The crucial point is communication. Few words to reassure about an issue is a common habit.

In my case, he told aviation megastore he sent the pieces but they never received it. I asked them to ask ACE a proof of shipment to be able to proceed to the tracking of the spare part if it has been sent.

Keeping customers posted and update (who have a quality or defect issue for such an item, just after one months of having bought it) seems again for me just a question of respect.

I also want to mention that aviation megastore accepted to execute the repair for me as I do not have the skill to do it. We just wait for the part.

So let's cross the fingers, and that I will soon be able to fly. As since I got the yoke, I mostly focussed on hand flying. It is smooth (expect the trim swithch of course) and connected to XPLANE 10, it brings such a good realism.

Best Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Olieman View Post
    Just to be on the fair side and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I've had an ACE 737 for several years and have not had one bit of trouble with it.

Regarding communications, that to be expected in this industry, not that I like it, but that's the way it is. It's not a big industry, so the turn around time is quite a bit slower.

Matt Olieman

737 Cockpit Builder

All

I too have a duff trim switch after a few months use! I as you have had no answer from Ali. I know he's a busy guy and when you do get hold of him he's more than helpful. In his defence I know he as been having major email problems.

I'll try and get hold of him and point him in this direction

Regards

Mark

500+ This must be a daytime job Sean Nixon's Avatar

Over 4 billion posts?!?

You need to get out more!

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by markfire View Post
    All

I too have a duff trim switch after a few months use! I as you have had no answer from Ali. I know he's a busy guy and when you do get hold of him he's more than helpful. In his defence I know he as been having major email problems.

I'll try and get hold of him and point him in this direction

Regards

Mark
    Thank you very much for your help Mark. I appreciate a lot. Hope you will succeed.

Best and Sincere Regards

PHILIPPPE

10+ Posting Member

I will think about it ...

Thank you for your advice ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast