Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Components to use for gauges

DSC_0045.jpgDSC_0047.jpgI designed out all my gauge graphics in Photoshop. I'm building most my gauges at 3.25x3.25" which fits on a standard 4x6 photo. I get them printed out at a photo place...like snapfish or shutterfly. High quality, inexpensive and saves my black ink cartridge. I sandwich a piece of aluminum (could use acrylic/polycarb) and 2 pieces of clear polycarb. The three layers get cut to size and drilled on my mill-drill-lathe. I glue the photo graphic on the aluminum with spray adhesive. The middle polycarb layer gets a large hole cut in the center with a circle cutter and notches for backlighting LED's. The top piece of polycarb is the cover. I use a nail for the axle...the nail head makes a nice surface to epoxy a needle to. I make some aluminum pulleys for my servo or stepper motor and axle and couple them together with a small oring as a drive belt. This way I can make any ratio I want. Does the job, only draw back is the precision lost by gearing the servo up, but it's tolerable for the most part.

This how I'm doing it for the most part because the design is within my skills and equipment capabilities. I also have access to cheap scrap aluminum and polycarbonate, so that's a big bonus.

2. Thanks GuilloAR, AK Mongo, fsaviator thanked for this post
    Likes GuilloAR liked this post
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Components to use for gauges

Very nice!

Warren

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12