Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Wiring Logitech pedals as Rudder on bu0836x

Hello, need some help if possible.....

I have a set of pedals that were used with a steering wheel for racing. I pulled the guts out of the wheel and have them hooked up as rudder and working fine in my flight simulators. They are still connected to the board from the steering wheel, and connected to my computer using the usb cable they came with.

What I want to do is connect them to my bu0836x board, thus eliminating a usb device and tidying things up. There are 2 pots inside the pedal unit. One has a green and yellow wire, there's 5 volts and the green wire is positive. On the other pot is a red and white wire, also 5 volts and the red wire is positive. There is a black wire that goes from one pot to the other and no further. Those are the only wires in the pedal unit. There is a 4 wire plug (looks like a phone jack, but smaller) that went into the steering unit which i have cut off, so I now have the 4 wires, green and yellow, red and white coming from the pedal unit.

How would I go about connecting that to the bu0836x board as rudder pedals (or 2 separate axis)? I have rotary encoders and toggle switches connected, but have no idea how to hook this up.

Thanks for any help.

Glen

Here is a picture of the pedals with the bottom cover off. You can see the 2 pots with the green/yellow on one side, red/white on the other with the common black to both sides. I put the end of the cable in as well, green, yellow, red, white.

IMG_0503 (Small).JPG

What I don't understand is you should have power / signal / ground wires, and in this case there is only 2 wires per pot with a common wire?

Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Re: Wiring Logitech pedals as Rudder on bu0836x

Did I ask a really stupid question with an obvious answer, or does this have everyone stumped? Would be nice if I could wire it to the bu0836x card, but perhaps it's not possible. They work fine as they are, just rudder, no brakes obviously. Just wanted to lessen the USB devices.

Glen