500+ This must be a daytime job 737NUT's Avatar
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Motion Sim #2 assembly has started.

I am building a generic GA cockpit to do either bush flying in the Northwest, Rockies, and Alaska using Photo Scenery, or general fun flying like I would do in real life. It will be Light IFR capable with GPS and real analog instruments.
    It has 3 DOF motion base so that will add to the realism. I will be using a 32" LED LCD TV for front visual mounted to nose of the plane. Below are some pictures of an afternoon's worth of work punctuated by my daughter testing the seat out. Lots of work to do and MANY MANY unanswered questions on final interface. But the basics are here and ready to go.

Also, for the real pilot's out there, Sim #1 is FAA LEGAL IFR flight time that you can put in your log book and up to 20-50hrs can go towards your IFR and Commercial cert! I have it all working now with plotter flight tracking, tower communications, and ILS charts for landing.

I am usually home every weekend so come on over.

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks dc8flightdeck thanked for this post
    500+ This must be a daytime job 737NUT's Avatar

Re: Motion Sim #2 assembly has started. Updated 1/19/12

Some updated pictures as of 1/19/12. Got the instruments mounted, got a nice set of Cessna 206 engine controls installed and interfaced. Right now all the Axis are installed and interfaced and FSX is flyable from the pit. I also got the PC installed in the rear shelf where the old analog computer was installed. Once I am satisfied with locations I will permanently install it to protect from shifting around during movement. Next up will be Instruments and Motion base interface.

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Motion Sim #2 assembly has started. Updated 1/19/12

looks like fun! great job!