Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Struggling with yoke/seat/pedal measurements (737)

Hi all, Robert and I are stuck with the measurements of the yoke, seat and pedals. Robert acted as a guinea pig for the picture (we tossed about it).

robert-yoke.jpg

The control column is 800mm, we found it in various sources like Markus Pilot. The height of the seat is 540mm, the only source for that are 777 drawings from http://www.project777.com/iddb/archi...v562_10563.pdf. We assume the seats are the same.

- Seat
    We don't look to the edge of the glare wing but way over it. Also the lower arm slopes downwards instead of horizontal. Don't be distracted by the 'side wall', we randomly put a panel on the side. The seat must be lower than 540 mm. When we take another seat of 450mm, it seems better. On the other hand, the seat can move a lot in height so what is "the" height?

- Control column
    We already found out it's too close to the MIP so we should move it back 50mm. But still the yoke is nearly on our knees with the heels on the glide pad of the pedal box. The distance to the top of the glare wing also seems too much. We assume the Engravity MIP and glare wing is ok. We think our control column is too low.

Compare it with some vidcaps we took from a real cockpit video:

pilot-side-yoke-1.jpg

pilot-side-yoke-2.jpg

The pilots differ in body height but in both cases they keep their lower arms horizontal, they look at the edge of the glare wing and the yoke is higher (compared to the top of the glare wing).

What do we do wrong?

flightdeck measurements in mm request.jpg
    Arjen
    -----
    "There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch." (Nigel Powers in Goldmember)

Re: Struggling with yoke/seat/pedal measurements (737)

Arjen,

The seat is too high, or you are both too large/long. I think your yoke is allright (81 cm). If you need some further measurements, please PM me.

Rgds,

JWS

Boeing 777 Builder

Arjun, refer to the very last page of that 777 document, it shows the correct perspective you need to achieve regarding your seat position. Adjust seat height and yoke distance to suit.

Ken.
    Opencockpits | Aerosim Solutions | Sim-Avionics | P3D | FDS | FTX | AS16 | PPL | Kennair

I had problem also with hight of seats. From the pics i have found around the net, seat looks like only littlebit higher than pedestall. So i make my seat lower and it looks like it should be. I have like this

A = 70 mm
    B = 480 mm ( 390 mm with out foam)
    C = 820 mm, , downpart of yoke to floor 680 mm
    D = 1100 mm