Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    25+ Posting Member
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

REV TQ Pro interfacing brick wall

Hi All,
    By "Brick wall" i mean i have hit one. Resulting in me not even passing "Go".
    I am aware that miracles don't happen often, meaning i am a newbie to this domain, and what am i doing with such a seemingly complicated piece of hardware/art. I never expected it to be easy

I understand that one of the first steps is to modify the SOIC.INI to point to the relevant script. These scripts can be downloaded from the website. I am not running any avionics software yet, and i just want to use it with the default FSX 737. None of the scripts offered on the website relate to default fsx 737 use. My config points to a script which appears blank (CONFIG_FILE=.\sioc.ssi). This leads me to my first question; What do i do? Do i still need a script to use the default aircraft, and if so, where can i find it?

Now i move on to the next step, which is to add some values in the cfg (USBDCmotor=0,87).
    These to values are given to me by the SIOC program (0 and 87), so i input these and save.
    This step made seemed ok?

And next i add more values in the cfg (USBAnalogic=0,87)
    Here lies more confusion. The instuctions state that i have 2 cards in this throttle and i need to enter these for both cards. However the SIOC program only gives me values for one card only (IDX=0-IO Card usbdcmotr-Device=87).

I then proceed to install the TQ manager software, and calibrate.
    This seems to go well and allows me to calibrate everything except the throttle, and reverser axis (Correct according to instructions, as i have REV TQ V1.7)

The end result when i run FSX is that all buttons and axis work except the throttle and reverse thrust axis.
    There is also no motorization. The Rev TQ Software is saying both FSUIPC and "Status Throttle Board" is connected. Nowhere do i see the throttle listed within FSX controller setup.

I'm sure i will have other queries and i will en-devour to find an answer that is already out there.

Thanks, i cant wait to see this TQ in action
    Regards
    Tom.
    (Win7 32,FSX SP2, Rev.TQ Pro Moto, SOIC Ver4.1, FSUIPC V4.6a)

Re: REV TQ Pro interfacing brick wall

Have you emailed Oral Barkey for help? He is very effective at getting you up and running via skype.
    Are you going to be using Prosim? If so, there is a script just for that, and you can use any model with it.

Each throttle is different, so the settings will vary.

Hope that helps... you can contact Oral at:

obarkay (at) revolution-simproducts.com

Hope this helps

Warren

25+ Posting Member

Hi Warren,
    Yes indeed i have, but being Christmas, i don't know how long it will be before i get a response.
    Thanks . and Merry Christmas to all!
    Tom

I just did this, so I'll see if I can help... I know how frustrating it is having to wait.

As you don't have any other hardware installed, it should be fairly easy to get SIOC running. At the risk of telling you something you already know, I highly recommend you check out Nico's site, below, for info on SIOC. While the site is about his 767, his info on SIOC is universal.

http://www.lekseecon.nl/sioc.html

and

http://www.lekseecon.nl/howto.html

The SIOC.SSI file is the file that runs your script (the file from REVSIM). You would add the line to include either your script in SIOC.SSI.

The script from REVSIM is what interfaces your TQ to software via SIOC. The difference in the PMDG script is that is takes into account various commands that were specific to the PMDG model. The Prosim or PM script should work for you and allow you to use the default 737 (that is what I am using until Prosim releases their model)

Unplug all your SIOC related items, then start SIOC and plug in one of the plugs from the TQ at a time. You don't need any other cards (Master, USB expansion, or anything) to run the TQ. Once you've finished adding the pertinent lines into the SIOC file, plug the next one in.

My TQ is a very old model... two SIOC cards and a joystick card (three USB). Not sure what version your's is, but.... if it is 1.6 or higher, I believe you only have one SIOC card and one joystick card that is configured outside SIOC (I'm guessing based on what I've read).

Finally if your TQ is newer, you will need the Throttle Config software from the REVSIM site.

Hope this helps a little

Warren

25+ Posting Member

Hi Warren,
    I have rev tq hardware version 1.7.
    I calibrate under the proline option in the rev tq throttle software, and everything seems to register. Except for the throttle, rev thrust, and trim axis. I assume this is because something else handles these. (The instructions state that i can skip the rev thrust calib, and they do not register anyway)

Step 5 of the manual tells me the proline version will have 2 lines (one for each card).
    Do i expect two cards to be detected in SIOC?
    Or do i just use the proline calibration, assuming i dont have a proline hardware setup, only having 1 detected (relevant) card?
    If i need to add a second line in the SIOC config file, with the IDX and ID values for the second card, then where do i get these values from?

From all this i am assuming two causes.
    #1 - Only one card is working and being detected (Because i see no calibration software/options for the throttle, rev thrust and trim axis, from both within FSX, and windows)

#2 - Script error (I follow the steps i mentioned in the opening post, from the rev tq setup guide, and nothing else)

I see many more options within the SIOC config file, that the setup guide does not mention.
    Should there be some calib for the throttle trim and rev thrust, somewhere??
    Seems strange (to me) to have some axis working/detected/calibrated, and the others not.
    Win 7 detects both cards when i plug them in and seems to install its own software to run them.
    After reinstalling again, and on other computer, still same outcome:
    No motorization (even though the dc motor card seems to be the only card visable (to me)). And no throttle, trim and rev thrust axis.

I already see dust particles on my throttle and i am feeling pain.

Praise this forum
    Internally grateful
    TOM

25+ Posting Member

Just something i discovered:
    When i go into the sioc monitor, the i/o card status:stopped (when i double click sioc main)
    And only one card listed under SIOC main (the dc motor card)

Normal?
    My assumptions are that i have two cards, one for the motorization, and one for the axis and buttons, and it must be the dc motor card with the issue, and further perplexed why only some axis are working.
    Maybe the throttle, trim, and rev thrust axis are handled by the dc motor card?
    A USB joystick card sounds like it can run on standard win7 drivers, and win7 seems to install it like one.
    Two devices are listed in my control panel>Devices and printers list (Listed as "Throttle Quadrant" and "IO card- Usbcdmotr")

Regards
    Tom

Gidday Tom,
    have you checked this site?
    http://www.revolution-simproducts.com/Downloads.html
    There you'll find a lot of information how to set up and calibrate your TQ!

Cheers
    René
    René

25+ Posting Member

Awesome, Its Alive!
    Oral sent me a default script, and Config line entries. Almost all is good!
    Only one throttle arm is engaging autothrottle, both axis are working. I'm sure it just needs a final tweak.
    Very happy with service, especially being Christmas.
    The autothrottle will not work as well with FSX default 737, compared to glass software, but I'm happy to live with this for a little bit.

Thanks Everyone

Tom.

Tom. great to hear that you are making progress. Sorry it took so long to get back on but was hanging with the family.
    Warren

25+ Posting Member

Hi all,
    Seems i still have no way of being able to properly interface the TQ using the default FSX Boeing.
    I used the script revsim sent me. Everything works fine except reverse thrust, and autothrottle.
    When autothrottle is engaged both throttle arms move, but not together.
    Sometimes they stay in sync (like when slowing the engines down, on descent), but then soon enough they loose there balance and one travels in the opposite direction, resulting in A/T disengaging. Then on other instances only one moves.

I am pretty sure there is an issue with the script.
    I cant get much more response from Revsim. I appretiated Oral trying to help, and can understand if they offer no solution. After all
    the product wasnt advertised to be able to run on default fsx Boeing.

I know there are simmers out there who have succeeded in connectivity and would love to hear from them.
    I have hardware version 1.7

I will be purchasing Sim-Avionics very soon and I am confident all will be well.

Regards
    TOM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast