Thread: Dual Monitors

150+ Forum Groupie
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

Dual Monitors

Hi,

I have just purchased a 40" Samsung TV for my second monitor and what I would like to do is use the 19" monitor for the instruments and mip and the 40" for the outside views. I am running FS9 and use the PMDG 737, 747, and level d 767. Can anyone tell me how I go about splitting the screens?

Thanks

Rob

150+ Forum Groupie

Re: Dual Monitors

I am doing this but am not techy minded. But here are a few basic guidelines. My Graphics card is an Nvidia.
    Does your graphics card have two outputs?
    If so connect one of these to the TV (what connections do you have on the TV?) and the other to the 19" monitor.
    Then extend your display to the two monitors. Make the TV your no. 1 display and the 19" no.2
    Then undock the panels you want displayed on the 19" and drag them to it. Position and size them where you want them to be and save your flight.
    They should be in the same position when you return to FS
    That is the basics. Other more knowledgeable members will be able to help you further should you need more details. (Tis bedtime here in UK)
    Bill
    P3D/ IFly737 Pro

10+ Posting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holclo View Post
    I am doing this but am not techy minded. But here are a few basic guidelines. My Graphics card is an Nvidia.
    Does your graphics card have two outputs?
    If so connect one of these to the TV (what connections do you have on the TV?) and the other to the 19" monitor.
    Then extend your display to the two monitors. Make the TV your no. 1 display and the 19" no.2
    Then undock the panels you want displayed on the 19" and drag them to it. Position and size them where you want them to be and save your flight.
    They should be in the same position when you return to FS
    That is the basics. Other more knowledgeable members will be able to help you further should you need more details. (Tis bedtime here in UK)
    My laptop has a single VGA connection: Can you use a VGA Y Splitter if you only have a single output? Doug

You can use a Y splitter, but that will not give you seperate views, just a duplicate view. A Y splitter is good for duplicating the captains instruments onto the copilots side. The only problem you then have is the flight displays are you wrong way round on the copilots side and if you have 2 Efis then you can only use 1.
    As computers as cheap as chips it is worthwhile buying a cheap ebay bargain and using that to run the copilots view, or for that matter any instruments using WideFs and Prosim737.
    Allan.

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

i use 2 ati hd Graphics cards =6 moniters with a Matrox TripleHead2Go. pmdg 737 on fs9
    http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/th2go/

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi,

Appreciate the responses and help however I cannot get the screen undocked from the 40" I have 3 options for the graphics card - Single Monitor - Clone - Multi monitor none of which works with FS. I can drag a file from one screen to another, but when I load up the PMDG 737 and bring up the Overhead and check the Views, it doesn't highlight the "Undock" in the menu. Any ideas? I am running a Nvidia 9800GT with dual head card with FS9 under Win XP. I've tried left and right mouse with no joy.

Thanks

Rob

10+ Posting Member

Rob

Are you in windowed mode when you attempt the "Undock"?

Andrew

150+ Forum Groupie

Hi,

I have tried both windowed mode and full screen - nada. I can't even get the "undock" selection in the views menu to highlight. I must be doing something wrong - I see all other sites with undocked instruments and full screen outside views. WHen I go to "displays" and set the monitors I set the primary as the 40" The whenj I go to the graphics card I have three choices - SIngle monitor, Clone, Dual View (configured independently). None of them let me move the PMDG overhead from the 40" to the 19", the cursor stops at the screen edge of the 40" in Dual View and the clone view is both screens the same.. Anyone any ideas what I'm doing wrong? As I said before I'm using an Nvidia9800GT dual head under FS9 and WinXP.

Rob

150+ Forum Groupie

Rob
    I have sent you a PM.
    Bill
    Bill
    P3D/ IFly737 Pro