Thread: New PFC issues

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support MyCockpit site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site

New PFC issues

I was finally able to get my Precision flight controls to be recognized by MS FSX. I found a driver on the Elite site that I installed and it included the basic software from Pete (he is a total life saver as my wife was going to kill me for spending the money for the PFC controls if they did not work).

Now when I turn on the PFC with the key and the master switch I hear clicking that I think is from the hobs meter working. But associated with that when I look at the master switch on my screen it is cycling on and off and it will not allow me to turn on the avionics master switch on the computer (there is no on off switch that I can find for the 2000 panel). Any ideas?

Also when I go into the setup to configure the flight controls, everything works except when I am configuring the yoke and I pull straight back..the last approximate 25 percent the configuration indicator goes full right on the screen even when I have it centered and if I try to go to the left it will not show left in the last 25 percent of the pull back on the yoke calibration)

Thanks for any and all advice.

God bless
    John

300+ Forum Addict

Re: New PFC issues

Quote Originally Posted by Revrent View Post
    I was finally able to get my Precision flight controls to be recognized by MS FSX. I found a driver on the Elite site that I installed and it included the basic software from Pete (he is a total life saver as my wife was going to kill me for spending the money for the PFC controls if they did not work).
    You posted the details of the problems elsewhere, too, and i replied to those there.

Check the version numbers of any of my software you got from Elite as I suspect it is way out of date. Check www.schiratti.com/dowson for supported drivers and my Support Forum (Download Links subforum) for more recent updates. The Support forum is linked from the Schiratti site.

If you need any support from me for my drivers you need to go to the Support Forum in any case, but please make sure you are up to date first.

Regards
    Pete

Our new friend needs to reach 10 posts to get to the next flight level

Re: New PFC issues

Pete, thank you for all your help. I thought I should start a new assistance thread so that the old issue was not confused with the new ones. I will go check the version asap.

Thank you so much again for your help
    John